Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: maui beach vacation club (by Kelly H.):

diannej10 wrote:
Hi Kely,

I am not sure when you are going in May, but I want to wish you a great trip and I am anxious to hear all about it. Please let me know what you enjoyed the most.....I have been told to ride a bike down the volcano....sounds scarry but fun.

Enjoy.

Dianne

Dianne-

Thanks for the warm wishes. We just got back from our trip! I highly recommend the book Maui Revealed by Andrew Doughty. We used it every where we went. It has any info you need in it from activities to dining to shopping. Mostly everything we did came from this book.

We went SCUBA diving at Molokini with Ed Robinson's Diving Adventure. It was nice, we have done this dive several times in the past. We saw a 10 foot manta ray. It was crazy. Plus we saw some eels, lobsters, sharks, etc. The snorkeling is good out here if you don't SCUBA. My husband went snorking right off the beach (nice to have a "free" excursion). He saw several fish and things along a reef and 3 green sea turtles. He had a blast. He wanted to go back, but we ran out of time.

We did a Zipline tour with Skyline Eco-Adventures. This was soooo much fun! There are 5 ziplines and each one gets longer than the one before. The last one is 750 feet and takes about 20 seconds to complete. I am sure I will be doing this one again on future trips.

We did the Sunrise from Haleakala. It was only ok; probably won't do it again. It gets pretty cold up there, per a recommendation, we brought a bunch of our heavy "winter" type clothing just for this one event (& trust me, you need the clothes). It took 1.5 hours from the Maui Beach Vacation Club just to drive there having us arrive at 4:15am. The park ranger closed the upper lot around 5am when the lot filled up. The rest of the people stay just down the road at the visitor's center. To get good seats for the sunrise, we had to sit in the cold from about 4:30am 'til almost 6am when the sun finally peaked it's head out for viewing. Once the sun came up the crowd dissappeared quickly. The visitor's center is where the ride a bike down the volcano. We have not done the bike ride, so we can't give any feedback on it.

One show that was recommended from a few sources was Warren & Annabelles Magic Show (21 and over). My husband & I are not really into magic shows, but this is a GREAT show. It sells out usually 7 - 8 days in advance, so making reservations before you leave for your trip is highly recommended. Here is a link to their website: www.warrenandannabelles.com. We we lucky, we found out about this show as soon as we got on the island and ended up booking it the last night we were in town. Here some comments that the Maui Revealed book states, "...a close-up view of a very engaging (and hilarious) man doing the absolute impossible...If you only see one show on Maui, this is it!"

Another show we have seen in the past is 'Ulalena. This is a really nice show. We saw it 7 years ago on our honeymoon and can remember most of it vividly. We had thought of seeing it again on this trip, but we decided to see something new and tried the Warren & Annabelles show instead. As you see by me above review, we were not at all disappointed.

Well, I guess that is it for now. Probably more than you wanted to know. But I make a point in being thorough.

Take care, Kelly