General Discussion

Royal HOliday is a scam

Apr 04, 2018

The credit card added back which I’m sure they will go to collections.

Yvette R.
Apr 04, 2018

Scam artist fraud

Yvette R.
Apr 04, 2018

So am I!

Yvette R.
Apr 04, 2018

Did your account go to collections?

Yvette R.
Apr 04, 2018

Really ???? How????

Yvette R.

Last edited by yvetter43 on Apr 04, 2018 09:03 PM

Apr 16, 2018

I'm a member for last 3 years and they are total scam I was for two days in Paris and they charge me almost 28000 of my points which equals $750 and I paid them $22,000 up front and $800 membership fee a year and when I ask the hotel how much they charging for my room they told me 205 euros a night and every time I call them they are so rude they just don't care and we have no power what we can do

Edem E.
Apr 16, 2018

Have you contacted Royal Holiday after you learned that your stay cost much less if you buy directly? You have a good justification to complain to consumer protection agencies, US Attorney General and BBB. By the way I was shocked when found that Royal Holiday has B+ rating on BBB. Let us know.

Klim G.
May 14, 2018

We, like many of you, have been scammed in 2017 for a hugh sum of money for all the same reasons while vacationing in the D.R. . We are now being harassed by their collection agency who have increased my late annual fee by 33% . We are not prepared to accept this loss however we wish to end this contract. The manner in which it was signed was fraudulent and deceitful. To this end I am wondering if any of you have had any success in resolving this matter . Any information or direction is appreciated.

Thanks

Tony

Tony S.
May 14, 2018

Just walk away and stop paying them any more money .

Don P.
May 15, 2018

This is precisely what we are doing. We have full intentions of wearing T-Shirts with Royal Holiday is a Scam on our next visit warning vacationers.

Tony S.
May 17, 2018

what is this?

My website: hình ảnh phun thêu lông mày

Erickem B.

Last edited by erickemb on May 28, 2018 02:44 AM

May 17, 2018

exactly what we plan to do ..however the wording will be more carefully and legally worded.

Tony S.
May 19, 2018

It is ironic that once we told Omar, the collection agency rep,that we were not paying the annual fee nor the 33% penalty he is calling us back and wants to work a deal on how to pay this penalty. Bring it on Omar. We have over 100 people descending on a resort that these guys scam tourists ...it will be interesting as each person has their quest to get the word out . The 100 plus will be also be lodged at different resorts .

Tony S.
May 21, 2018

Was anyone able to officially cancel their contracts? I am looking for help to cancel mine. Royal holiday has been scamming my money but now I've had enough. What they advertised to get me to sign the contract is totally different from what they are telling me now. I contacted them and they told me it cannot be canceled. Can someone who has experience with this please reach out with some help. Thanks.

Vanessa L.

Last edited by vanessal97 on May 21, 2018 12:21 PM

May 21, 2018

Just stop paying them and ignore them if they contact you .

Don P.
May 21, 2018

donp196 wrote:
Just stop paying them and ignore them if they contact you .

Did you do that? Did you have to deal with the collection agency?

Vanessa L.
May 21, 2018

I note that you continually post this info. I was wondering what has your experience being with them.

Tony S.
May 31, 2018

As I read about all your frustrations in attempting to resolve this matter Im unable to find anyone who has been successful. I note that one individual continually states to walk away and bite your losses. I reached out to DONP196 asking for more info and what happened to them . There has been no response. Im now wondering if this form has been developed by Royal Holiday under some cloud as a means to review our complaints. Ive been a police officer for 40 yrs and yes I was scammed too . Something doesn't sit right with me.

Tony S.
May 31, 2018

My husband and I were successful in canceling our contract with RH. I shared our story on pages 14 and 15. I’m not sure if Donp196 is a good source to go to as he automatically assumed I was lying and my own post was a scam. Crazy. But We are from California where we got scammed in Dominican Republic in 2014 on our honeymoon.

We came back to California and I researched RH. If we didn’t get out of our contract, in annual fees alone, we would have ended up paying $30,000 over the course of 15 years. I tried for a year to do it on my own but RH always told me “there is no way to cancel blah blah blah”. So I ended up hiring a local lawyer in my area. The RH contract is so sloppy that my lawyer was able to get me out of it in 2 months and I only paid $750. I thought it would be more expensive, but it was actually pretty easy.

Our lawyer initially asked that I review the RH contract in detail and highlight anything vague, and also things they did not deliver on. For us, they stayed they were going to give us a annual booklet of hotels etc to choose from and they never provided it to us. Basically that was one way they “broke the contract”. What REALLY helped us get out of the contract was the fact that we never utilized the services with RH - never actually took a trip using them, Nothing at all. All those smaller things added up to like 4 pages of ways we were able to get out of our contract.

We’re prolly not in your area, but that’s how we got out of ours. Hope that helps!

Mark F.
May 31, 2018

I didnt manage to get my money back.. As you markf522, i got out of my membership but rh kept my money paid so far 14.000 usd. Thats a lot of money to lose for nothing. Thats a lot for zero trips..

Tonys382: As a police officer, why cant police start investigate business like this?

Sari

Last edited by sarip4 on May 31, 2018 01:58 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.