Timeshare Companies

Class Action Against Diamond Resorts?

Oct 02, 2017

Laureny14 Please contact me about Mark Schilling. We have received two other complaints about him. You can find me on our DRI Advocacy Facebook. Just post the identical post there. There is also a "How to File a Complaint" form on our Description section. We have received 148 DRI complaints and have seen a pattern of identical complaints about programs that do not exist to: 1 Pay Maintenance Fee 2. Sell Points 3 Up-sells from Virginia to Hawaii and back. There are 500 members. Irene

We seek to provide Diamond Resort members a way to proactively address membership concerns; to advocate for timeshare reform; to obtain greater disclosure from the company; to advocate for a viable secondary market; and to educate prospective buyers.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DiamondResortsOwnersAdvocacy/

Irene P.
Dec 04, 2017

I have the same issue. I was lied to when we visited Williamsburg, Va. also and when we tried to cancel we were told we were having buyers remorse and even though we sent the cancellation request within the alotted time they refused to acknowledge that we just clearly wanted to cancel this bogus, money grabbing, ruin your credit organization. I've heard from no one that can help me so far and wish I would because these people need to be stopped and if not that get me the H** out of this club. I am so frustrated I stopped paying them. Although I know that's not the ideal way I just can't keep paying them after being lied to straight to my face. BGibbs/ Ct.

Brenda G.

Last edited by phyl21 on Dec 04, 2017 05:54 PM

Dec 04, 2017

Ok the complaint is from our visit to Williamsburg, Va. total switch and bait session. I hope there is an active class action suit in progress that will get me out of this sham of an organization. Please contact me if there is a way. I have filed complaints, all that are employed by Diamond have the same responses which advocate for the company and there is nothing more to be said. Filing complaints have gotten me no where. I am totally fed up with this and need some concrete answers so I can get Diamond out of my life and off my credit report. bjgibbsrn@gmail.com/Ct.

Brenda G.
Dec 04, 2017

By the way when is this class action suit getting started. Talk is too cheap. I'm sure we need action because more and more are becoming victims of this predatory business. As I see it there a lot of disappointed people that keep writing in to no avail. We are seeking a solution.!!! bjgibbsrn@gmail.com/Ct

Brenda G.
Dec 20, 2017

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get out of your contract !!

I have reported Becca to Redweek for action .

Don P.
Dec 20, 2017

beccas4 wrote:
! My name is Rebecca and I work for a consumer advocacy group where we specialize in helping people who have been taken advantage of, like yourself, get out of their timeshares. If you still need assistance in getting out of this nightmare you can contact me on my direct line at (xxx) xxx-xxxx

(Nameless) "Consumer Advocacy Group"? Color me dubious. Even if you call the number (as I just did, out of sheer curiosity), no actual company name is provided or revealed. Disconcerting, to say the least (but "if you leave a message, someone will get back to you").

MY bet is that beccas4's post is just a "promo" for (yet another) upfront fee "exit / relief / escape / rescue" parasite operation, but I don't think her self-promoting ad or phone number) will remain in place very long anyhow before being deleted by moderators.

Edited to add: beccas4 and her self promoting ad / post and phone number have now been deleted entirely. Too bad, so sad.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 21, 2017 06:45 AM

Dec 20, 2017

I notified Redweek again. They removed her first post and the second one should come down soon .

Don P.
Dec 21, 2017

I got help from Diamond Resorts Owners’s Advocacy Facebook page (independent from Diamond resorts). https://www.facebook.com/groups/DiamondResortsOwnersAdvocacy/?ref=group_header

Members of this group helping Diamond Resorts Owners. Very effective group: advocates, journalists, attorneys, media with a lot of good information.

Julia M.
Dec 22, 2017

Last I knew DRI had a program to take back your unit for a fee of $250 ,so I took advantage of it, but told them I wouldn’t pay that because it would cost them more than that to get it back by me not paying, to date I haven’t gotten a bill. (So it goes) as a friend of ours says. Hi Alan

Ralph O.
Dec 27, 2017

ralph175 wrote:
Last I knew DRI had a program to take back your unit for a fee of $250 ,so I took advantage of it, but told them I wouldn’t pay that because it would cost them more than that to get it back by me not paying, to date I haven’t gotten a bill. (So it goes) as a friend of ours says. Hi Alan

While you are certainly correct about DRI's "deedback" program, if you refused to pay the required $250 "deedback" fee to DRI, the reason that you haven't gotten a bill is likely that you have been FORECLOSED upon, as opposed to having achieved a clean "deedback". While the end result may be the same, there is certainly a very significant difference between a deedback acceptance and a foreclosure.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 27, 2017 03:11 PM

Dec 27, 2017

Is there a lawsuit against Diamond Resorts International? If so I would like some information. Thanks, Julie Mapp

Julie G.
Jan 17, 2018

We too were lied to and cheated by the scum at Diamond Resorts. To date we have lost about 6000. I hope we are able to band together soon and fight them.

Francesca D.
Jan 21, 2018

I am a diamond member and would lime to find out about the class action lawsuit.I bought some of the diamond in Arizona and some in Calif. How can I get more info on this? Also how can I join this facebook group? Thanks Marjorie Singler

Marjorie S.
Feb 09, 2018

I don't do Facebook. How do I access the advocacy group another way? We bought Polo Towers in 2001, dedicated weeks. DRI is now trying to turn them into points without authorization.

Michael M.
Feb 24, 2018

I own a traditional timeshare at the Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort in California.Bought it 10 years ago. One week a year at the LTVR, prime season (any time)..Diamond Resorts now owns the property and is pressuring traditional owners to give up their ownership for Diamond points. Now they've made it impossible for a traditional owner to reserve a week. I was told last month when I called, that the resort is booked for the entire summer of 2018 (and even 2019) already. When I logon to Diamonds website, I find that I can rent (open rental) the same acommodation almost any week I want during summer 2018 if I pay the going rental rate ($2300/week) upfront and non-refundable rental. There's no problem at all, they have rooms available!!. Basically they are forcing traditional owners to exchange their ownership for Diamond points. I bought the timeshare to spend a week in Tahoe each summer. I have no interest in Diamond points! They are simply screwing the traditional owners! Stinks!!! What a bunch of scammers.

William J.
Feb 24, 2018

It's called " Corporate Greed " .

Don P.
Feb 25, 2018

Diamond Resorts must honor your right to book the week that is listed on your deed. That is your guaranteed week. They can't shut you out.

When you bought it, you were probably told you could float it, but if nothing else is available, you are at least guaranteed the use of the week you own.

williamj289 wrote:
I own a traditional timeshare at the Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort in California.Bought it 10 years ago. One week a year at the LTVR, prime season (any time)..Diamond Resorts now owns the property and is pressuring traditional owners to give up their ownership for Diamond points. Now they've made it impossible for a traditional owner to reserve a week. I was told last month when I called, that the resort is booked for the entire summer of 2018 (and even 2019) already. When I logon to Diamonds website, I find that I can rent (open rental) the same acommodation almost any week I want during summer 2018 if I pay the going rental rate ($2300/week) upfront and non-refundable rental. There's no problem at all, they have rooms available!!. Basically they are forcing traditional owners to exchange their ownership for Diamond points. I bought the timeshare to spend a week in Tahoe each summer. I have no interest in Diamond points! They are simply screwing the traditional owners! Stinks!!! What a bunch of scammers.

Karen E.
Feb 25, 2018

Does anyone know of any lawsuit where Diamond is not releasing inventory to the members? I was able to book a Diamond Property on Expedia and Hotels.com but they were not available through Diamond.

Thank you!

Debra B.
Mar 18, 2018

I would like Information about the class action lawsuit.

Norman C.
Mar 18, 2018

Look at your Deed It will have a number on it that represents the week you own. No matter what, they MUST honor that week because you OWN it and have the right to use it in your unit, which is also listed on the deed. Typically you may reserve the ownership listed on the deed one year in advance. Read your contract to see what is stated regarding reservation timelines.

karene75 wrote:
Diamond Resorts must honor your right to book the week that is listed on your deed. That is your guaranteed week. They can't shut you out.

When you bought it, you were probably told you could float it, but if nothing else is available, you are at least guaranteed the use of the week you own.

williamj289 wrote:

Karen E.

Last edited by karene75 on Mar 18, 2018 06:59 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.