Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Has anyone dealt with Resorts Nationwide Inc to rent their property

Apr 18, 2012

Why would you pay upfront fees for a company to do rental for you? Any legitimate company would do the rental, collect a fair commission for the work, then submit the remainder of the rental income to the owner.

John E.

Last edited by johne499 on Apr 18, 2012 09:55 AM

Apr 18, 2012

Maybe because that's how they run their so called business!

Linda B.
Apr 18, 2012

Proof is in the pudding as far as I am concerned.

John E.
Apr 19, 2012

We don't live in a perfect world. That's what keep the lawyers in business.

Linda B.
Apr 19, 2012

To lindad1057 Contact the Flordia Agriculture & Consumers Services. They are handling the case, read the thread, a couple of people have got there money back.

Carol S.

Last edited by carols725 on Apr 19, 2012 06:45 PM

Apr 19, 2012

Read the thread on Resorts Nationalwide to rent their property, contact Floridia Agriculture Consumer Services to file your situation and others have got there money back.

Carol S.
May 07, 2012

Ask any person that calls you saying that there is a high cost to sell your unit to take a 50% commission on the back end instead. You will find that nobody will accept this offer. They will say it is "illegal" or "they aren't allowed to structure the deal like that" - the truth is, they know it won't sell and they will never collect on the 50%. Don't pay up-front fees to resale companies.

Travis D.
May 29, 2013

They called me today. Everything I find says they are a scam company.

Robert R.
May 30, 2013

complain to your timeshare co. these scammers knew all my personal details and could only have got them from my timeshare co.

David S.
May 30, 2013

I think I will call them and ask some questions, then call DRI. I would not put it past Diamond Resorts International to sell me out to another scammer.

Robert R.
May 30, 2013

davids1689 wrote:
complain to your timeshare co. these scammers knew all my personal details and could only have got them from my timeshare co.

Another possibility is that they got it from someone at the exchange company like RCI. It might not be RCI as such but rather a renegade or ex-employee their selling timeshare owners' personal information on the side.

Lance C.
Jul 10, 2024

They contacted me today to rent my “extra vacations” with rci/vacation village at Parkway. Sounds to good to be true. Currently trying to find if they’re legit

Brian H.
Jul 11, 2024

brian986 wrote:
They contacted me today to rent my “extra vacations” with rci/vacation village at Parkway. Sounds to good to be true. Currently trying to find if they’re legit

Anyone who contacts you saying that he or that company can rent our your extra vacations with RCI is a scammer. You do not own any extra vacations to rent out. This is a popular scam that, sadly, many timeshare owners fall for.

Lance C.
Jul 11, 2024

lancec13 wrote:
brian986 wrote:

Anyone who contacts you saying that he or that company can rent our your extra vacations with RCI is a scammer. You do not own any extra vacations to rent out. This is a popular scam that, sadly, many timeshare owners fall for.

RCI "Extra Vacations" are rentals of unclaimed weeks deposited for exchange. RCI members pay out of pocket for those EV's. Extra Vacations, once so acquired (and paid for) by an RCI member cannot be "sub-leased" by that RCI member to anyone else, per clearly stated RCI terms and conditions of membership.

Shorter response -- the "offer" is a scam. Period.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 13, 2024 06:44 AM

Aug 20, 2024

So it’s now August 2024 & it seems this company that called me today, promising I can rent out my RCI weeks for +/-$2000 a week after I only pay $400 a week for 3-6 weeks, is the same company all these reports are about. Only this scammer is called Nationwide Resorts & Travel and has a very legitimate-looking website: www.nationwidert.com The guy was so believable!! But I want so badly to scam this scammer! What do I do? Who do I call to catch this unsuspecting scammer before he takes advantage of one more innocent person (most likely it will be someone elderly!!)???

Shelley I.
Aug 20, 2024

I think this co that called me today is the same scammer that called you. The name is just Nationwide Resorts & Travel! They seemed so legit, but I had a feeling it was a scam! I couldn’t put out $1200-2400 today even if I believed it was not a scam!!

My favorite part was when they told me I only put out the $1200 or $2400 ONCE! Then every year thereafter I don’t pay anything, yet they will rent my RCI weeks and I’ll make at least $2000 a week to help pay my maintenance fees!! Easy peasy!

Nope!! SCAMMERS!!!!

brian986 wrote:

Shelley I.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.