General Discussion

Royal HOliday is a scam

Apr 22, 2013

Shaunah 22 please send me a copy of the letter you send to RH.

Donna B.
Apr 27, 2013

Hi, I totally agree. I nearly had a nervous breakdown over this company and it was only because I was persistent and had an international lawyer call them that some of the problems were fixed. This all happened about 6 years ago. In the end I received only 5000 points which ar worth nothing. Because I am a member of RCI I put them there and use them that way. It costs abit more but at least I get to use the points. If there is a class action lawsuite I would like to join. I am hoping I still have all of my documentation.

Is

Barb E.
May 17, 2013

I totally agree with Mo. I have been in a very similar situation since last December when I visited Cancun of Mexico. RH scammed me lots of money. Dealing with them ruined my normal life. Since the contract states it is governed by Mexico Law, it seems to me that RH people believe they can do anything they want and its customers can do nothing to their fraudulent behaviors! I am joining you in filing a group of class action lawsuit against RH scam.

Mike C.
May 18, 2013

mikec808 wrote:
I totally agree with Mo. I have been in a very similar situation since last December when I visited Cancun of Mexico. RH scammed me lots of money. Dealing with them ruined my normal life. Since the contract states it is governed by Mexico Law, it seems to me that RH people believe they can do anything they want and its customers can do nothing to their fraudulent behaviors! I am joining you in filing a group of class action lawsuit against RH scam.

What you all really need to do if you can prove that you've been defrauded is file a complaint with PROFECO (the consumer advocacy agency in MX) .... you can google for contact info. I doubt a class action suit is doable.

R P.
May 18, 2013

ginop2 wrote:
I very much want to join a class action suit against Royal Holiday.

Just be careful of some of these law firms or so-called law firms who go looking for people in your predicament.

They claim that they're starting a class action suit but then ask any plaintiffs to pay a large upfront fee.

Lance C.
May 18, 2013

Let me know if you start a class action lawsuit as I would like to be part of it.

Thanks.

Barb E.
May 21, 2013

I've filed a complaint to PROFECO (extranjeros@profeco.gob.mx) more than a week ago but so far no any responses, not even a confirmation email! Does anyone have experience working with Mexico Government? A forceful lawsuit on behalf of a group of victims of RHC scam seems the only way to go!

Mike C.
May 23, 2013

Hi guys,

My family and I were also scammed by these guys in the bahamas at the wyndham hotel and now we are trying to get our money back and to cancel this contract. The government should know and do something about these people. I have contacted royal holiday and (of course) they're no help. I've been doing some research and found out that the FTC had a lawsuit against another company from the bahamas that was doing almost the same thing as the royal holiday. I think we enough people complain, we can get them to look into this company.

I am making a list of people who'd like to file a complaint against this company too. Please contact me if you or someone you know has been scammed by these guys. Don't worry guys, I am a real person who's been scammed. I believe if we work together, our voices will be heard better :). please email me at: iqram_alli26@hotmail.com

Also, please like and share my facebook page and post your story there as well.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beware-Royal-Holiday-Scam/127542234115118

None N.
May 23, 2013

PLEASE count us in for a class action. Linda & Hugo. Email as soon as anything happens!!

Linda L.
May 23, 2013

Unless you write and speak Spanish it's very difficult to get through to Profeco.

Linda L.
May 23, 2013

Me too.....please let us know 333hrl@optonline.net....Linda & Hugo Thanks...hope we can do this...has a class action ever won similar Case???

Linda L.
May 24, 2013

Hi Linda,

I have been doing some research, and the FTC has a few cases involving vacation club or timeshares for these guys misrepresenting information, which is what the royal holiday is doing. They tell you that they are going to give you all these great things, but their contract is totally different.

Some guy name Alejandro Chavez from RH pretty much told that the sales manager could have promised whatever but "it what's in the contract that matter, and you (me) can't prove anything". The good thing is, I had 4 other family members with me at their presentation and i'm pretty sure that me, my family and everyone else who's been scammed by these guys are imagining them promising us stuff.

I will send you an email with some information and to get some more information. please give my contact information to anyone else who's been scammed and like and share my fb page, if you have one. It'll be easier for us to communicate thru there.

None N.
May 24, 2013

Moustafa Bouzoid is the ringleader living high on our ripped off money!!! What is your FB page?

Linda L.
May 27, 2013

Dear Iqram: in Royal Holiday we're very interested in giving proper follow up to your complaint; if you could please send us your contact info, along with your case details (who sold you the membership, where did you buy your membership, contract number, etc.) we'll direct your case to our Quality Area. Please contact us at socialmedia@royal-holiday.com

Royal Holiday Social Media Team

Also, we'd like to extend this offer to anyone who has any complaints; please contact us through the same e-mail address.

iqrama wrote:
Hi Linda,

I have been doing some research, and the FTC has a few cases involving vacation club or timeshares for these guys misrepresenting information, which is what the royal holiday is doing. They tell you that they are going to give you all these great things, but their contract is totally different.

Some guy name Alejandro Chavez from RH pretty much told that the sales manager could have promised whatever but "it what's in the contract that matter, and you (me) can't prove anything". The good thing is, I had 4 other family members with me at their presentation and i'm pretty sure that me, my family and everyone else who's been scammed by these guys are imagining them promising us stuff.

I will send you an email with some information and to get some more information. please give my contact information to anyone else who's been scammed and like and share my fb page, if you have one. It'll be easier for us to communicate thru there.

Royal H.
May 27, 2013

This is to royalh3....hope you received my email....plain and simple how do we recoup our money that's been supposedly gathering interest in some off shore interest bearing account????? Karma will get you for sure...what goes around comes around...still pissed off since 2001!!!

Linda L.

Last edited by lindal179 on May 27, 2013 02:43 PM

May 27, 2013

I love the time we needed to go to Vegas to my brothers wedding and The Jockey Club was promised to us then declined and we were put in a welfare prostitute drug hotel off the strip....very nice Royal...a real class act!!

Linda L.

Last edited by lindal179 on May 27, 2013 03:25 PM

May 27, 2013

Beware that this is just another scam. If they ask for any money to process your complaint and refund your money then RUN as fast as you can. The scammers lead you on by saying they represent the timeshare and guess what.... they are just the same scammers bleeding you for more money. Check them out carefully and see if they really represent Royal Holiday... I doubt it.

Don P.
May 27, 2013

Your right now she wants my contract #...know what think it got soaking wet in hurricane Sandy here on the island....no more gullible miss nice gal here!!! I'm so done.

Linda L.
May 28, 2013

Hello Linda, we received your email and you'll be contacted soon by our Quality dept.

lindal179 wrote:
This is to royalh3....hope you received my email....plain and simple how do we recoup our money that's been supposedly gathering interest in some off shore interest bearing account????? Karma will get you for sure...what goes around comes around...still pissed off since 2001!!!

Royal H.
May 28, 2013

Hello Don, thanks for your concern, but I can assure you we're not asking anyone for any money to process their complaints; we're working on turning them to the appropriate solving channels. If you have any comment or doubt, we'll be glad to solve them, you can contact us at our email: socialmedia@royal-holiday.com

Royal Holiday Social Media Team.

donp196 wrote:
Beware that this is just another scam. If they ask for any money to process your complaint and refund your money then RUN as fast as you can. The scammers lead you on by saying they represent the timeshare and guess what.... they are just the same scammers bleeding you for more money. Check them out carefully and see if they really represent Royal Holiday... I doubt it.

Royal H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.