Timeshare Companies

Class Action Against Diamond Resorts?

Oct 08, 2018

My husband and I have a timeshare with Diamond. Call several times trying to get out of it and we was told the only way out was to ding someone to buy it... So my husband took it upon himself to hire a company to bet rid of it called Aconsumer credit which they have filed bankruptcy so it was a scam...Theu told us to stop paying and direct all correspondent to them... So now they are shown negative on our credit and we don't know where to go from here. Please help. Yes we purchase at a presentation.

Carla G.
Oct 08, 2018

You can add a "consumer statement" to your credit report. Do that and explain how you were scammed by DRI at one of their high-pressure sales presentations.

You can also dispute the negative, citing the above.

carlag127 wrote:
My husband and I have a timeshare with Diamond. Call several times trying to get out of it and we was told the only way out was to ding someone to buy it... So my husband took it upon himself to hire a company to bet rid of it called Aconsumer credit which they have filed bankruptcy so it was a scam...Theu told us to stop paying and direct all correspondent to them... So now they are shown negative on our credit and we don't know where to go from here. Please help. Yes we purchase at a presentation.

David K.
Oct 23, 2018

I purchased the $4,000 20K point sampler package on 10-17-2017. Am I eligible for the class action suit? Thanks, Rich

Rich Z.
Oct 24, 2018

We have recently been in Hawaii We bought a sampler and we were told that during our stay we would have to attend a sales talk My wife has recently had a severe leg injury requiring 14 stitches On our arrival at the airport she bumped her leg on a suitcase and the entire wound opened We called her Toronto MD who strongly advised her not to bare weight on the leg and to get back to Toronto as soon as possible We were unable to attend the sales meeting for the above reason.I did call the sales department and explained the above to them They say we are delinquent and are going to fine us a significant amount of money We are seniors and find DRIs attitude disgraceful

Jeff K.
Oct 25, 2018

I have dealt with this type of situation with Diamond Resorts and through a lot of trial and error...I have found an attorney firm out of Florida who can successfully handle in the assistance of refund and or exit strategy that is 100% guaranteed ....I will assist you if you are still wanting to pursue your complaint with effective result. This is somewhat a life mission of mine and ideally prevent other from dealing with the same issues that caused my great Aunt and grandmother financial ruin.

kevinbb2 wrote:
I am looking to take Diamond Resorts to court in an attempt to sue for damages as well as getting most of my money back. I'm looking for a good attorney as well as others who need to file suit as well. If there are any timeshare owners who share any wrongdoing please let me know and perhaps together we can move forward

andreah255 wrote:
I too was taken advantage of by DRI. I bought an ILX resort in Sedona, AZ. The MFs were reasonable, IMO. As soon as DRI bought it, the fees skyrocketed. I have just started a FB page so that maybe we can all band together in one place & get something done about this. I have a question for everyone. Was anyone given the option to opt out of DRI or to sell back your timeshare when they took over? I feel like I signed a contract with ILX, not DRI & shouldn't be held to DRI's horrible policies. Maybe I'm just being naive. Btw, my FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/angryaboutdiamondresorts

Please like the page & share it with anyone else you know that is unhappy with DRI.

Also, if anyone is interested in a class action suit against DRI, please go like the FB page & message me, either here or there. There's strength in numbers! Let's stop complaining & start doing something about them.

Kelly W.

Last edited by phyl21 on Oct 25, 2018 03:53 PM

Oct 25, 2018

Why do you advise this Diamond owner not to retain any company that cancels the timeshare agreement. I have used this service and it worked ultra fast and very effective.

Kelly W.
Oct 25, 2018

Because you're a SCAMMER Kelly !!!! Redweek has been notified that you are trolling for victims in the forum . Take a hike !!!

Don P.
Oct 26, 2018

Hi . I have recently had a most disappointing and disagreeable dealing with DRI We recently bought a sampler for $2900. We were not given accommodation at The Point at Poitou in Kuala Hawaii but at a hotel 45 minuets away My wife injured her leg before leaving for Hawaii. She required 14 stitches On arrival in Hawaii she bumped her leg and the wound burst open causing her severe pain and making her immobile We were scheduled to attend a sales presentation at The Point at Poitou I called the sampler section in Las Vegas on 3 occasions and explained that my wife was immobile and we would not be able to attend the meeting. We were threatened and told we were dilinquent and would be fined $150 to $200 We called the sales office at The Point at Poitou and explained the situation They accepted my explanation and cancelled our attendance Subsequent to this we have had numerous calls from the sampler division in Las Vegas We are seniors and find this harassment and intimidation unacceptable Jeff K

Andrea H. wrote:
I too was taken advantage of by DRI. I bought an ILX resort in Sedona, AZ. The MFs were reasonable, IMO. As soon as DRI bought it, the fees skyrocketed. I have just started a FB page so that maybe we can all band together in one place & get something done about this. I have a question for everyone. Was anyone given the option to opt out of DRI or to sell back your timeshare when they took over? I feel like I signed a contract with ILX, not DRI & shouldn't be held to DRI's horrible policies. Maybe I'm just being naive. Btw, my FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/angryaboutdiamondresorts

Please like the page & share it with anyone else you know that is unhappy with DRI.

Also, if anyone is interested in a class action suit against DRI, please go like the FB page & message me, either here or there. There's strength in numbers! Let's stop complaining & start doing something about them.

Jeff K.
Oct 27, 2018

Kelly W. wrote:
Why do you advise this Diamond owner not to retain any company that cancels the timeshare agreement. I have used this service and it worked ultra fast and very effective.

How does one "cancel" a timeshare agreement? You can not "cancel". The owner owns deeded property. It's like how do you cancel a car or house that you own?

And the service that you used, if it worked for you, fine. But they probably charged you thousands of dollars to do what you could have done yourself for a lot less money. That's why many here on these boards do not recommend using these companies, especially ones that say they "cancel" your timeshare.

Lance C.
Nov 06, 2018

My husband and I have been members since August 2015 with Hawaii. At one the owners meetings in January 2018, we were advised we should purchase a sampler for $3995, which we did, so that we could get more points without the maintenance fee and such. We were also advised we should get out of the Hawaii collection and buy US because the maintenance fees would be a lot less. We held off with that.

Well I haven't been able to use this sampler yet. Every time I try, I get a message saying that I've already used it this year and can not use it anymore, we've never used it. So when I called to schedule a reservation I was told that we have to attend a meeting and because we are owners it has to be an owners meeting which there were no dates available for a meeting so the reservation could not be make.

September 2018, we were in Vegas and we go to the Polo Towers to discuss getting out of this sampler and buying into the US collection and out of Hawaii. We were advised by Trent the salesperson, that it was possible. He came to us and showed us the numbers, applying a credit from the sampler, to the US collection sales proposal and releasing us from the Hawaii collection. Saw it in writing...well needless to say everything did not go down and discussed and because we were tired and hungry we didn't pay attention to the paperwork we were handed at the end. We'd been there for roughly 6 hours trying to get this done (I'm starting to think this was all part of the scheme). Supporting paperwork for the sampler credit and a handwritten letter, I had to write requesting a release from Hawaii, were no longer in the contract. I didn't realize this until I'd contacted Trent (salesperson) several times, as to why Diamonds is still contacting us looking for payment for the Sampler and Hawaii and gotten no reasonable response. I then contacted someone else at Diamonds in the Sales department. As she's reviewing our contact, I'm doing the same thing and that's when I realized the paperwork was missing. She advised me to contact the Hospitality department, which I did. I was advised to send them an email outlining the details of the sale, which I did. A few days later, I was contacted by Dale, the agent assigned our case, and told that because we didn't have any supporting evidence, there was nothing that could be done. Now if you're an owner you already know what they did with that paperwork because just as fast as they give it to you they snatch it right back. Something told me I should have taken pictures but we didn't think this would happen. We'd been members now for 3 years.

So now we're stuck with all 3 accounts totally $25,040.24 at $608 a month plus over $2000 in maintenance fees for the US and Hawaii collection! We don't know what to do now. We want out!!! They are not an honest company and they are taking advantage of people who work hard for their money and just want to enjoy it.

Kimberly P.
Nov 06, 2018

Why would anyone in their right mind take "advice" offered to them by a salesperson at an "update" meeting. If you've spent any time at all on this website you should know that anything they say is a lie. You were just plain stupid and now you want us to feel sorry for you?

David K.
Nov 06, 2018

We really need to be in on this class action suit...

My husband and I have been members since August 2015 with Hawaii. At one the owners meetings in January 2018, we were advised we should purchase a sampler for $3995, which we did, so that we could get more points without the maintenance fee and such. We were also advised we should get out of the Hawaii collection and buy US because the maintenance fees would be a lot less. We held off with that.

Well I haven't been able to use this sampler yet. Every time I try, I get a message saying that I've already used it this year and can not use it anymore, even though we've never used it. So when I called to schedule a reservation I was told that we have to attend a meeting and because we are owners it has to be an owners meeting which there were no dates available for a meeting so the reservation could not be make.

September 2018, we were in Vegas and we go to the Polo Towers to discuss getting out of this sampler and buying into the US collection and out of Hawaii. We were advised by Trent the salesperson, that it was possible. He came to us and showed us the numbers, applying a credit from the sampler, to the US collection sales proposal and releasing us from the Hawaii collection. Saw it in writing...well needless to say everything did not go down and discussed and because we were tired and hungry we didn't pay attention to the paperwork we were handed at the end. We'd been there for roughly 6 hours trying to get this done (I'm starting to think this was all part of the scheme). Supporting paperwork for the sampler credit and a handwritten letter, I had to write requesting a release from Hawaii (on Diamonds letterhead), were no longer in the contract. I didn't realize this until I'd contacted Trent (salesperson) several times, as to why Diamonds is still contacting us looking for payment for the Sampler and Hawaii and had gotten no reasonable response. I then contacted someone else at Diamonds in the Sales department. As she's reviewing our contact, I was doing the same and that's when I realized the paperwork was missing. She advised me to contact the Hospitality department, which I did. I was advised to send them an email outlining the details of the sale, which I did. A few days later, I was contacted by Dale, the agent assigned to our case, and told that because we didn't have any supporting evidence, there was nothing that could be done. Now if you're an owner you already know what they did with that paperwork because just as fast as they give it to you they snatch it right back. Something told me I should have taken pictures but we didn't think this would happen. We'd been members now for 3 years.

So now we're stuck with all 3 accounts instead of the one, at $608 a month plus over $2000 in maintenance fees for the US and Hawaii collection! We don't know what to do now. We want out!!! They are not an honest company and they are taking advantage of people who work hard for their money and just want to enjoy it. Any and all suggestions welcomed.

Kimberly P.
Nov 06, 2018

You are so right. Did it work?

Kimberly P.

Last edited by kimberlyp246 on Nov 06, 2018 04:35 PM

Nov 07, 2018

You were in Las Vegas, where their corporate HQ is, so why didn't you just go down to the county attorney's office and file a fraud complaint. And while you were there you should have found a reputable local attorney to threaten a civil action.

Never hand anything over to them without getting a written receipt. Anything you send them should be by certified mail, return receipt with signature required. Everyone has a cell phone now. Take a photo of anything they give you. Never let them keep you longer than an hour.

Why do people, when they are dealing with DRI scam-salespersons, find it necessarry to grab their ankles and yell f**k me?

David K.
Nov 08, 2018

Where do we go from here?

Angela H.
Nov 08, 2018

I wouldn’t give up on getting this rectified. I think I would contact the AG in Nevada, and the State of Nv div of real estate. At least it can be on record..... I’m sure they have pulled this dirty trick on other people.

Karen E.
Nov 19, 2018

I will recommend to everyone on this board that you do exactly what I did in 2016 on behalf of over 300 of my previous Diamond customers in Arizona that got scammed into buying Diamond Resort TimeShares. If you don't think it was effective, just google "Arizona AG settlement Diamond Resorts", I don't want any business, I'm no longer in the timeshare exit space, but I am still battling Diamond in lawsuits over them being livid because of us getting hundreds of consumer's Diamond contracts cancelled per state per year, regardless if you have mortgage or no mortgage! We sent out a basis form letter to every customer with about 30 questions, asking that they explain their Diamond buying experience to us, the promises they made(and never kept), the false statements made that induced you to purchase at the time of presentation, the high pressure sales tactics, the opening of credit lines on your behalf without permission, the forging of authorization signatures, the falsely inflated "value" of the timeshare, the false promise that you could "resell" it at a later date at the same price or more, that the timeshare was an appreciable investment, that you were guaranteed availability for the times you choose, that the timeshare was considered an asset(not a liability), your age and health condition at theme of purchase, your current age and health condition, how many times you have been able to SUCCESSFULLY use your timeshare during the time you wished to use it NOT when they told you to use it, the hidden charges and upgrades required for your timeshare to meet the criteria you thought you originally paid for but never got, etc...etc... you get the point. Then when we received the responses we mailed copies of each to Diamond, requesting they work with us to have the consumers that were misled released from their obligation. We informed DIAMOND if THEY REFUSED TO work with us to gain releases for our customers, we would promptly begin forwarding copies of the customers profiles and their stories and complaints to the Office of the Attorneys General for Arizona. Diamond, of course, told us to go pound sand, so much to everyones surprise we actually did what we said we would do, and sent every darn one of them. We started with sending 3 a day and doubled the amount we sent every day, in less than 60 days the Arizona AG opened and investigation and 60 days after that they had a settlement releasing not only everyone of our customers from their contracts but EVERY DIAMOND CUSTOMER SOLD in Arizona, or that resided in Arizona and bought Diamond properties between Jan. 2011 and Jan. 2017. So instead of losing about 3 million in revenue to only our customers cancelling their timeshares, they lost and estimated 600,000,000 (600 million) instead. You can also CC the FTC, it costs you nothing but time and paper (or and email). Paper has more of an impact, trust me, the AG won't throw your paper away and when the mail arrives daily the person the mail is delivered to is profoundly impacted and starts talking to their superiors about it immediately! Don't believe any of the BS posted on this board about how Diamond will "work with unhappy consumers", Diamond employees are paid to troll this board and placate complainers, spew propaganda, and corral the louder ones. If you want to complain about what I wrote, save yourself the headache.

Diamond S.

Last edited by phyl21 on Nov 19, 2018 09:29 PM

Nov 29, 2018

We bought our first timeshare at Wyndom Palms and upgraded at Mystic Dunes. We had a lockout 2wks anytime. Than we bought into Diamond Resort points in Maui. They talked to me about changing to all points but I would have to pay more and I said I wasn't paying more. Now my daughter is on vacation in Florida and they said since I have points she is in a standard room with no balcony. I specifically asked for a balcony, what a little accommodation for what I paid for. We have paid more and now get less than what we originally got. F U Diamond Resorts. I usually get kissed when I get screwed. Was happy for years but now 😤😠

Vivian K.
Dec 11, 2018

We too bought I LX resort in Sedona Arizona. Many many years ago. All of a sudden it became Diamond Resorts in which we had no say. Our maintenance fees are through the roof. How can this be legal? Something has to be done.

Wes L.
Dec 11, 2018

@davidk689 People don't come here to be verbally abused. You were "just plain" rude.

Susan B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.