Timeshare Companies

Class Action Against Diamond Resorts?

Apr 15, 2019

I would love to have the instructions as well. I don't see the referenced instructions on Robert D's message. Thanks so much. We live in Virginia, but purchased the shares in AZ.

Edie L.
Apr 18, 2019

THERE IS NO CLASS ACTION - Even if there was it takes years, you have to meet the definition of the class, like over 65, sold points as investment, etc., unless there is something I am not aware of. I keep my fingers close to the pulse across the country and we have two Supporters on Pacer. I call them Supporters because Diamond has been responding to AGs (even on complaints I had absolutely nothing to do with) that "It appears the member talked to Irene Parker "a third party, self-styled "advocate" with "clients" not a lawyer, not a professional journalist, who purports to get members out of their legally binding contracts and it is of note the member changes their story after they talk to her." I may be a self-styled timeshare advocate but I was a professional paid advocate for children in foster care spending three years writing court reports for Family Court. I was guilty on the last count of changing the story with Leo. Leo Gomez dying of pancreatic cancer didn't even know he did not have to switch from PVC to US just like the complaint above. I asked Leo if the Diamond agent knew he had pancreatic cancer when they duped him. He said yes. I have not been so angry in my life. Leo was 100% disabled Agent Orange, two Purple Hearts. I talked to him six times the last 30 days of his life. Diamond responded to the AZ AG compliant with the purport comment above, cancelled his loan the last sentence. Barclays is hounding the estate for the $4000 down payment. Lydia called me when he had hours to live, Barclays was trying to talk to him. "That's what they all say, right you're dying." The judge ruled in favor of arbitration in both class actions - the billion $ class action and the class action suing Apollo and Diamond accusing the company of selling points as investment, which is popular especially in Hawaii. This is the link to our member sponsored Facebook launched by an economics professor. https://www.facebook.com/groups/DiamondResortsOwnersAdvocacy/ These are our complaint instructions but it's best to join the Facebook so we can log your complaint, answer questions. We can track repeat offenders. I can name about 30 from memory, I hear their names so often. I heard VPs Stephen Ginsberg, Mark Wilkerson, Dan Chudy, agents James Dickleman, Rick Casper, Wadji Kassas, Nate Taylor, Brian Humphries, Reginald Buck, mercifully no longer work for Diamond The instructions were revised by a millennial buyer who followed the instructions and resolved her dispute. http://insidetimeshare.com/fridays-letter-from-america-39/

I can ask Diamond's attorneys if there are any upcoming class actions on Monday. Diamond and Orange lake sued Finn Law Group in 2015. I did not meet Finn until I called him after reading his quote January 2018 in the WSJ, "The oral representation clause is a license to lie." I'm mentioned in this Orlando Sentinel article. So Monday I'm going fishing. I'm the fish. My name is whistleblower. I've been invited to be a panel participant at this year's summit in DC. https://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcsaoffblock&type=E111US752G91207&p=orange+lake+timeshare+sues+finn+law+group My business card "The peasant of Venice" antithesis to the "Queen of Versailles" (available on NetFlix) is in this article from 2017. I am still answering comments. https://insidetimeshare.com/tag/diamond-resorts-billion-dollar-lawsuit/

Irene P.
May 12, 2019

Irene & Robert -

Thank you both so very much for all shared.

I reside in the state of Pennsylvania. You are welcomed to keep me informed of any new development regarding class action lawsuit against Diamond Resort International. Timeshare contract was signed in the state of Florida.

Most grateful.

irenep59 wrote:
Robert D Please consider filing a complaint following the instructions posted above. Writing about it is therapeutic but accomplishes nothing. Filing regulatory complaints is moving the mountain. It's been three years and approximately 1,000 complaints spread over (in terms of volume), the following states: Nevada, Hawaii, Florida, Missouri, Virginia, California. We have a team of Supporters answering questions about filing.

The FBI definition of white-collar crime is "deceit, concealment, violation of trust and bait and switch." I'm sure you would check all of the above. I estimate about 100 of the complaints involved Samplers. The Arizona Bill proposed (above) is to my knowledge the first bill proposed to safeguard consumers, as opposed to ARDA supported bills strengthening the developer position, and in 2015 aiding and abetting a law passed making it more difficult to be released from a contract for "non-material" errors.

Diedra R.

Last edited by diedrar on May 12, 2019 09:17 AM

May 12, 2019

http://insidetimeshare.com/fridays-letter-from-america-39/

This is a great resource, don't miss it.

Thanks, Irene P.!

Robert R.
May 13, 2019

Thank you! This is just nuts as 40 to 50 volunteer hours a week. My husband asks why I just could not have volunteered my time in retirement working for the local hospital gift shop.

Irene P.
May 14, 2019

Hello Irene Can I joined your Facebook group? Thanks

Guia
May 14, 2019

Hello

We signed up January 2019 and when we went to Florida explain to us about upgrade and said he will do Revised contract. Now we found out it’s not a revised but an addition. So deceitful. What we would do?

Guia
May 14, 2019

Hello Irene can you post also the contact. Do you know who can help us we are in Canada

Guia
May 21, 2019

Guia

We have a Canadian advocate who assists members filing complaint with an AG in a particular state. He actually developed a good relationship with the AG office. In addition, CVOA has been helpful. There is a Diamond Embarc Intrawest group, Canada based, that has over 4,000 members. They have provided excellent advice. That group actually got Quebec Bill 178 passed redefining timeshare as a service contract, meaning you can cancel for liberal reasons, like a gym club. I'm easy to find at Inside Timeshare if you would like to reach out or join the Diamond member sponsored Facebook page launched by an economics professor. https://www.facebook.com/groups/DiamondResortsOwnersAdvocacy/

Canadian Association of Vacation Owners memberservices@canadianvoa.org

Irene P.
May 24, 2019

I’d like to see a report of earnings from these properties and would like a share as “owners” that we are instead of maintenance fees going up every year.

Crystal B.
May 25, 2019

According to a timeshare insider, Diamond currently has the highest loan loss provision of all major timeshare companies. The company is private, so earnings information is not public but they have recently been downgraded to CCC - one letter before D Default. They look like a house of cards. When they were public Roddy Boyd of SIRF said their foreclosure period is the longest. If it were shorter (Wyndham 60/90 days) rather than Diamond's 180 days, the foreclosure rate would be even higher. You can't keep up-selling until Platinum members are forced into insolvency as a viable marketing strategy. We have had 86 complaints from Diamond Platinum members of which 45 complaints concern maintenance fee relief programs that do not exist. People already paying $8600 a year in maintenance fees told buying more points would offer a program to be relieved of fees. 25% of the 86 are veterans, 65% seniors over 60. It's shameful. I have so had it. A recent complaint, they were told they could buy CLARITY points to pay maintenance fees at $.30 per point. CLARITY is Diamond's program promising RESPECT for the customer, clear, concise, accountable and transparent information. This program was in response to the AZ AG receiving over 900 complaints and issuing an Assurance of Discontinuance in 2017. Only Platinum members can pay MF at $.04 a point so $2000 towards an $8600 bill with no points to travel.

Diamond Resorts International Inc. Downgraded To ‘CCC+’ On Very High Anticipated Leverage, Outlook Negative

The negative outlook on Diamond reflects our expectation for minimal cash flow generation and very high leverage in 2019. The outlook also incorporates our belief that the company is vulnerable to possible future operating missteps or an unexpected downturn in the economy over the next two years, which may render its capital structure unsustainable despite our assessment of adequate liquidity.

https://www.ademcetinkaya.com/2019/04/diamond-resorts-international-inc.html?fbclid=IwAR0N7Sc0Dld_LFlK8F2sv0-t4gIzAr-yd5HngEyWb6JLnVcW_OA0hfvSPPU

Irene P.
May 28, 2019

We have been unfortunately talked into this company's timeshare program. We tried to cancel and were told we missed the date. Is there someone that could help us legally to verify our paperwork? We too are nervous now that we have signed it that it will be a financial burden to us. If someone could direct us to someone who could help us ASAP! Thank you!!

Mike F.
May 28, 2019

We are in need of immediate help. We need to get out of the Diamond Resort Contract. We tried to send a letter of cancellation and was under the impression we were in the guidelines. We were denied. We haven't received any help from the Quality Assurance person. We can't afford this and need help getting out of it. Please advise!!

Sharon F.
May 28, 2019

n/a

David B.

Last edited by davidb2570 on May 28, 2019 09:02 PM

May 29, 2019

Mike F and Sharon F Our team of volunteer Supporters have answered questions for 731 Diamond families, many who describe unfair and deceptive sales practices. It is every citizen's right to file regulatory complaints if the consumer feels they have been harmed. The AGs have been helpful, even introducing a pro-consumer bill in Arizona, which unfortunately ARDA successfully defeated. There is a shred of the bill remaining, but the meaningful provision, like a 24 hour cooling off period BEFORE signing a contract, ARDA got thrown out. This is the link to our Diamond Facebook of over 3,000 members, including Diamond employees. In our files we have a complaint instructions that describes our process. We are so effective Diamond is on their third law firm to try and silence us. I'm not the Facebook admin. The Facebook was launched by an economics professor.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DiamondResortsOwnersAdvocacy/

Irene P.
May 29, 2019

sharonf340 wrote:
We need to get out of the Diamond Resort Contract. We tried to send a letter of cancellation and was under the impression we were in the guidelines. We were denied. We haven't received any help from the Quality Assurance person. We can't afford this and need help getting out of it.

A few questions here. First, where and when did you buy this unit? You were probably denied the cancellation request because you passed the rescission period.

Secondly, how much do you owe on the mortgage and maintenance fees. That could be a factor in why Diamond will not accept you unit back.

Lance C.
Jun 03, 2019

Please tell me if anyone has been forced into buy more points from DRI due to the legacy requirement Of passing on your timeshare to your children. I am being told if my children do not want the timeshare They are still obligated to make the maintenance fees? According to the DRI agent this is world wide for Timeshare’s in general. I would like my heirs to make the choice and not be obligated because I made A poor decision to buy a timeshare. DRI wants me to pay anywhere from 12k to 50k to automatically Deed the Tshare to the hires. We were told since DRI is now owned and public with Apollo they offer the inheritance feature now. We bought points in March 2018. Had we waited till June this would not be a problem. And guess what? It would not have costed us more $$$. I really see them as using this as a sales tool to once again get your $$$$. I HATE this company. Never never never by a timeshare from them....... I agree above... Cancun is the ultimate.... I walked out of the supposedly training session. And I can never get the resorts I want. The agents in Arizona are licensed. Nevada they are not. Worst decision I ever made...Use RedWeek rentals and Interval certificates for basically $300 a week. I am looking for suggestion of good timeshare groups and legal advise. BUYER BEWARE......

Donna H.
Jun 03, 2019

This is complete nonsense. Diamond sales agents love to give estate planning legal advice without being licensed to practice law. I hold a certified financial planning certificate. At Edward Jones I helped settle many estates. My estate planning lawyer calls me when he has a timeshare concern involving one of his clients.

First of all, Diamond's newer contracts over the last four years or so specifically state heirs are not liable. I have talked to a reviewer at the Florida AG timeshare division who said heirs are not liable. That said, you don't want to name an heir as a beneficiary.

Deeded owners should not assume their heirs are liable. Say you have a house worth $4 million, but have a kid that could not even afford the taxes. That heir could disavow the inheritance working with the probate or trust attorney. It's not always simple, but we have heard so many bogus timeshare complaints of this nature it makes my head spin. Gold Key in Virginia are being targeted now. Join our Diamond advocacy Facebook as there are many who know the tactics these agents are up to. It makes me sick. I'm easy to find. I would like to have you file a complaint against this predatory and deceptive agent. https://www.facebook.com/groups/DiamondResortsOwnersAdvocacy/

Irene P.
Jun 03, 2019

Also, Diamond is not a public company. They were taken private by Apollo in 2016 who bought them. Apollo is the former Drexel Burnham Lambert junk bond kings who filed bankruptcy on a $650,000 million fine and Michael Milken went to jail for securities fraud. A Junk Bond, like a subprime mortgage, had some value, but a timeshare contract is worth nothing. The tiger didn't change his stripes, just his diet. They were supposed to launch an IPO last July, but it's kinda hard when you have the highest loan loss provision in the industry among all major timeshare companies, according to a timeshare insider and they have just been downgraded to triple C one step above default.

https://www.ademcetinkaya.com/2019/04/diamond-resorts-international-inc.html?fbclid=IwAR04rgAXREgcNWIP-jqp6KlvlWpMigwd6ffeTK-hO7vA6CuBMbLzWSQJr8o

Irene P.

Last edited by irenep59 on Jun 03, 2019 05:02 PM

Jun 03, 2019

Donna Nevada sales agents are real estate licensed. Sales agents are not required to be real estate licensed in Missouri or Virginia. You need to file a complaint against the agent in Nevada through the NV RE Division, even though Diamond is is bed with the NV AG. The founder of Diamond ran for Governor of Nevada. I have heard from 840 timeshare members. All Nevada and Florida complaints have been dismissed with you have no proof, unlike other state AGs who are investigating or have investigated Diamond. Over 900 Diamond members complained to the AZ AG Brnovich who fined Diamond $800,000, which is like tip money, but also issued an Assurance of Discontinuance. Diamond snowed the AG saying they would record the QA for "enhanced training" but the recording has been used against the member in every case we followed. When Diamond;s PR firm called me the day CLARITY was launched I told them this would only harm the consumer. Of course they don't allow the recording of the sales session, but it is legal to record without the other person aware in AZ and NV. One veteran recorded a highly fraudulent sales session in Nevada. I sent the interview I recorded to Diamond's ATTY. The vet got out in a NY minute. Did the perpetrator get fired? No, last week, a year later I heard from complaint #6 against this agent. He got promoted as a Platinum counselor, according to him.

Irene P.

Last edited by irenep59 on Jun 03, 2019 05:04 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.