Timeshare Companies

Class Action Against Diamond Resorts?

Aug 24, 2019

kishans3 wrote:
The aggrieved owners need to join together in some CLASS ACTION. I can be reached at.....

Be careful about posting your personal information (such as phone number) in a public forum like this, especially when you are desiring a class action lawsuit. Furthermore, what are you hoping a class action lawsuit is going to accomplish for you? You'll have to go through a lot of rigors and expenses and, in the end, might not come away with much.

If you want to get rid of your timeshare, do what Don P did and contact the resort's Homeowners' Association and let them know you are not going to pay any more money in maintenance fees so it would be in everybody's best interests for the HOA to take the unit back amicably.

Lance C.
Aug 24, 2019

Kisha and June Ronald Carl

You can't file a class action against Diamond Resorts. They have a class action ban written into their contract. A prestigious law firm filed two class actions. Both failed because the judge ruled in favor of arbitration, known to be a kangaroo court. Diamond pays the arbitrators $400 to $800 an hour day after day. They see you once. I will call you Kisha because there are other ways to expose this company for what it is. Thank you to the spouse of the former employee supporting what happened to those posting. We have a Facebook page launched by an economic professor with over 3,400 members going through what you are going through. Please join. Diamond read every post. I want them to. Some, like the former employee, are as alarmed as we are. https://www.facebook.com/groups/DiamondResortsOwnersAdvocacy/ Our volunteers have answered questions for many. It's not about getting out of your contract. It's about guiding member on how to file regulatory complaints, reach the media and lawmakers. A consequence can be resolving a dispute. I have heard from almost 800 Diamond families reporting unfair and deceptive practices. Diamond knows this is happening, they know we know. They don't care. Apollo stands to make a cool billion acquiring Hilton Grand Vacation timeshare. It is my belief they know Diamond is so dirty they can't risk an IPO. They filed April 2018 but it didn't happen. If they acquire Hilton they can merge Diamond into that mix and still make a fortune on our backs. The predecessor to Apollo was Drexel Brunham Lambert, filed bankruptcy on $650 million, Michael Milken went to jail for securities fraud over a junk bond scandal. The tiger can't change his stripes, but he can change his diet. A junk bond had some value. Diamond points nothing. Apollo loves timeshare contracts. Join our efforts to expose what I believe what so many have described as organized crime, given repeat offenders operate unchecked. "You were confused," the standard dismissal.

Irene P.
Aug 25, 2019

Hello and do not feel alone. I was scammed and lied to on 4 different occasions. And the only advice I can give you is to utilize the consumer protection laws and get your money back. It is positively possible...

Kelly W.

Last edited by redweek_support on Aug 25, 2019 08:34 AM

Aug 25, 2019

I reported Kelly to Redweek that's why her posts are edited . Obviously she's trying to isolate her victims by steering them out of the forum . NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract . Get a real job Kelly .

Don P.
Aug 27, 2019

Well I just talked to Diamond resorts. I explained the problem and they told me their was nothing they could do, You bought it you own it.We wouldn't have told you something like that, because that is not something we can do. Then i was told to call another phone number and talk to them. I told them my next phone call will be to the BBB.

Ronald W.
Aug 28, 2019

ronaldw241 wrote:
I explained the problem and they told me their was nothing they could do,

What exactly is your problem or predicament?

Lance C.
Aug 30, 2019

Ronald They tell everyone that. Most people go away. This is the link to our Facebook launched by an economics professor. We have a team of volunteers who answer questions about our complaint process. Diamond has resolved many disputes but it often take endless rebuttals and regulatory filings. BBB has been helpful once in a while but they are one of many strategies. This the link to our Facebook of 3500 members. https://www.facebook.com/groups/DiamondResortsOwnersAdvocacy/

Irene P.
Sep 10, 2019

Me too wants to get out of my DRI timeshare. Just sent them an e-mail and they answer me back that currently they do not offer any resale or buyback program. They have a transition department to relinquish your ownership back over to DRI. You get nothing back.You still have to pay them $1000.00 as processing fee. Feel like throwing up.

Manuel B. Z.

Last edited by manuelbz on Sep 10, 2019 12:10 AM

Sep 10, 2019

Lots of hungry piranhas out there.

Manuel B. Z.

Last edited by manuelbz on Sep 10, 2019 12:43 AM

Sep 10, 2019

manuelbz wrote:
They have a transition department to relinquish your ownership back over to DRI. You get nothing back.You still have to pay them $1000.00 as processing fee.

Yes, that is a hard pill to swallow but a lot of now former DRI owners have gladly jumped at that offer to get out from their ownership. So you have to do some real deep thinking and ask yourself if $1000 is really holding you back from getting out from this ownership. Think about all the maintenance fees you will not be paying down the road. Think about these questionable law firms, charities, and companies that claim they can "cancel" your timeshare for thousands more dollars.

With this one-time $1000 "processing fee", you'll be done with DRI once and for all.

Lance C.
Sep 10, 2019

Join me in a class action lawsuit against DRI. Another unhappy customer..Have them since 2011. Never attend their sales presentation.Lies after lies is their sales pitch.They just want your money no good service. Update me of any class. Thanks.

Manuel B. Z.
Sep 10, 2019

Thanks Lance C.

Manuel B. Z.
Sep 15, 2019

I have answer this so many times. You can't initiate a class action against Diamond. They have a class action ban written in their contract forcing arbitration. Unlike a judge, paid for by taxpayers, Diamond pays the arbitrators $400 to $800 an hour day after day. They only see you once. You lose and you pay Diamond's arbitration fees. Only those who opt out of arbitration within 30 days of signing a contract can opt out of arbitration. Rarely does anyone do this. In a trial I attended, Diamond sued a dentist for $176,000 because he lost in arbitration. If I remember correctly, $86,000 was arbitration fees. Richard Epstein, of Greenspoon Marder, the attorney for Diamond, said in court Diamond has only lost one arbitration case. Decisions are private and binding. For the dentist, they wiped the slate clean in exchange for testifying against an attorney. Diamond caved before the defense put on even one witness. We have a Facebook launched by an economics professor of about 3600 members. It's a lively Facebook.

Irene P.

Last edited by irenep59 on Sep 15, 2019 05:32 PM

Sep 16, 2019

What is the name of the group on face book of frustrated. Owners that I can join?

Lorri S.
Oct 07, 2019

I'm a very frustrated owner. I have been an owner with Sunrise Ridge/Amber Vacations since 1995. When Diamond took over, it has been nothing but HELL trying to get reservations. They somehow misplace my points........ and they don't honor the agreement that I bought with Amber years ago. With Amber my points are suppose to be rolled over to the next year and I'm being told by Diamond my point expire if I don't use them that year. All the paid employees are trained well..... I ask to speak to a supervisor and every time I get (I'll put in a request for my supervisor to return your call). BUT I NEVER...... get a call. I pay my yearly fees and not to mention the thousands I paid Amber back before ground was broke AND I am not getting the service I pay for. Is anyone else having the same issue? I am getting no where, just a continues run around. What do we do from here

Joe W.
Oct 09, 2019

there are some people working on a class-action suit against Diamond

Kelly W.

Last edited by phyl21 on Oct 09, 2019 12:38 PM

Oct 11, 2019

Please advise me of any lawsuits against Diamond for downright lying to get you to upgrade and pay more money for points that are actually ghost points and faux gold status that you were told you bought but you actually are still silver.

manuelbz wrote:
Join me in a class action lawsuit against DRI. Another unhappy customer..Have them since 2011. Never attend their sales presentation.Lies after lies is their sales pitch.They just want your money no good service. Update me of any class. Thanks.

Karin S.
Oct 13, 2019

Irene P. how is it possible that you are allowed to post the reference link within your posting? I'm curious. This is supposed to be strictly prohibited.

Cal B.
Oct 19, 2019

Hi I am interested in finding out about this lawsuits. They told me I had to convert to points and that they no longer do week exchanges. I have not been on a trip for 4 years and overtime I call Monarch and interval no one can figurer out what I have! It has been a complete joke! please inform me if there becomes a lawsuit! thank you, Karen

Karen H.
Oct 24, 2019

I'm new to the Forum Irene P. As a point of information, are you the forum moderator?

David B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.