Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

vacation sales and marketing scam

Dec 26, 2010

Luxury condos international has been reported to the BBB, and has since closed or took it's site down. Only to put another one up in a different name. So Sellers BEWARE, Please check all companies records, However I did check Luxury condos international, and they did not have a rating, their rating was good, until they took my money. So even checking on a company dose not mean it's good. If it's too good to be true, don't do it.

Kenneth R.
Jan 22, 2011

I fell for their scam in 2009.When they hadn't sold our timeshares within 180 days, i did just as the contract instructed to receive my refund of $799. I made phone calls and sent letters for a year. They would just hang up and ignore. I turned them into the better busines bureau and also to the attorney general. Then the co. had the nerve to call me Oct. 2010 and promise me a refund. They claimed to be trying to do the right thing. Even gave me a confirmation #. HA HA HA . Have still never seen. I gave all their names and phone number to the attorney general and am still waiting.

Jana B.
May 24, 2011

sharonl262 wrote:
The only thing I can say is that I tired to list my timeshare with Timeshare Media Group and for 40 days I thought that I was being scammed. Eventually guess what guys the damn deal went through!!. I couldn't believe it. I had been scammed three times before. My GOD work in mysterious ways.
Hate to break it to the ones who just want something to complain about but I too have had great success with selling my time share through a resale company.Although not the same company that Sharon used. I used a company called Vacation Property Marketing. I felt very confident in their all service no scam policy and they came through in the end.

Ton B.
May 25, 2011

tonb wrote:
I too have had great success with selling my time share through a resale company....I used a company called Vacation Property Marketing. I felt very confident in their all service no scam policy and they came through in the end.
Pure crap and utter nonsense from another obvious shill...

Provide the county, state, and book & page number of the recorded deed (which is an an open public record) in this happy talk alleged "success story". Then we can all easily check out the "facts" for ourselves. In the meantime (...and I certainly won't hold my breath while waiting), your vague, empty claim is just entirely meaningless and completely unconvincing.

"Come through in the end" with some FACTS --- or go away. In an economy where many timeshares can't even be GIVEN away, even when the owner offers to pay all of the closing costs, you want people to believe that an obscure, completely unknown, upfront fee "marketer" magically succeeds? You are just insulting people's basic intelligence and common sense.

"Vacation Property Marketing" indeed --- Nope, I don't think so...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 25, 2011 01:39 PM

Jun 06, 2011

So if these companies are doing illegal business then why are they not being shut down? I live in Florida and they have been raiding the illegal companies and shutting them down. So does this mean the companies still in business are ligit?

Anthony G.
Jun 07, 2011

anthonyg169 wrote:
So if these companies are doing illegal business then why are they not being shut down? I live in Florida and they have been raiding the illegal companies and shutting them down. So does this mean the companies still in business are ligit?

It could be that none of VSM's victims have come forward and filed a complaint with the Attorney-General. Many victims are unaware (or perhaps a little to embarrassed or lazy) that they can and should report these swindlers to the A-G.

Also, the Florida A-G appears to be backlogged with complaints against resale scam artists. If the A-G receives a complaint, it can't just on a whim go SWAT-team raiding these offices. It needs to gather evidence, warrants etc.

Lance C.
Jun 13, 2011

I am a Detective with the Orlando Police Department's Financial Crimes Unit. I am currently investigating several time share rental/resale fraud groups. If you have been contacted by Refferal Network Marketing, My Referral Network Marketing ot VIP Marketing please contact me either via e-mail or phone

hilary.bledsoe@cityoforlando.net

407-246-3715

Detective Hilary Bledsoe Orlando Police Department

Hilary B.
Jun 13, 2011

http://www.buyatimesharescam.com

Crab M.
Jul 20, 2011

crabm wrote:
http://www.buyatimesharescam.com
ok-- how much did it costs to advertise your TS. and what did it list and sell for.

Michelle
Jul 20, 2011

you can get your refund back contact your credit cardcompany and disput this, I did, even after the 1 year point, and I got my $ refunded in full

Joann D.
Jul 20, 2011

contact your credi card company, and insist on investif=gation, I did, and they refuded me my $, took a while, but it paid off. dispute the charge, and explain the entire contract, about why you r requesting refnded after 1 year. Credit card company hasto refund you your $.

Joann D.
Jul 20, 2011

filing coplaint with attorney general will not help, I did, and they coul not help e. I contacted my cc company and disputed the charge and exlained that they dealt with a bogus compny, and I wanted my $ back, unless they could prove that this company the cc company was dealing with was in fct legit, and they also found this company was a fraud, and fet the need to protect their consumers, firs by refunding me my $.

Joann D.
Jul 21, 2011

joannd74 wrote:
Contact your credi card company, and insist on investif=gation, I did, and they refuded me my $, took a while, but it paid off. dispute the charge, and explain the entire contract, about why you r requesting refnded after 1 year. Credit card company hasto refund you your $.

You were lucky as most credit card companies will not investigate a claim after 60 days.

R P.
Jul 22, 2011

My credit card company said the same thing, but I sent them a copy of the contract from vacation sales and marketing, explaining to them that I had to wait for one year, before I could request my full refund, they acknowledge this because it was in writing, from vacation sales and marketing, so they understood why I did not request my refund sooner. They said due to this, they wuld tak into special consideration. So, please keep trying, and you have to really keep bugging them for the refund. Put cc company against the wall, if they won't charge back the $, make them prove to you that this company they did businss with is a legal company, by providing a state laic#, and federal id #. All legit businesses that cc companies deal with have tohave these available t the consumers. By not providing ths to you, they are acknowledging vacation sales and marketing is a fraudulent company, and will correct this error, to keep the consumers safe and keep them as customers, they don't like the reputation of dealing with fraudlent companies either, it causes tem problems, and costs thm alot of $$ as well. I did this, and thy could not provde me with these numbers, because they did nt exist, which made them realize there was truth in my claim that the credit card company also was being scammed!

Joann D.

Last edited by joannd74 on Jul 22, 2011 03:09 AM

Jul 22, 2011

joannd74 wrote:
My credit card company said the same thing, but I sent them a copy of the contract from vacation sales and marketing, explaining to them that I had to wait for one year, before I could request my full refund, they acknowledge this because it was in writing, from vacation sales and marketing, so they understood why I did not request my refund sooner. They said due to this, they wuld tak into special consideration. So, please keep trying, and you have to really keep bugging them for the refund. Put cc company against the wall, if they won't charge back the $, make them prove to you that this company they did businss with is a legal company, by providing a state laic#, and federal id #. All legit businesses that cc companies deal with have tohave these available t the consumers. By not providing ths to you, they are acknowledging vacation sales and marketing is a fraudulent company, and will correct this error, to keep the consumers safe and keep them as customers, they don't like the reputation of dealing with fraudlent companies either, it causes tem problems, and costs thm alot of $$ as well. I did this, and thy could not provde me with these numbers, because they did nt exist, which made them realize there was truth in my claim that the credit card company also was being scammed!

So having to wait one year to request a full refund was in your contract .... that was good that it was in the contract.

R P.
Aug 12, 2011

I would like to share my experience with you all about a timeshare company. I have dealt with many companies and lost loads of money to try and sell my timeshare. Eventually i found a company that was different from all the rest. They are an internet company that specializes in marketing timeshare. Within 3 months they introduced me to 2 prospects that were interested in my timeshare and i managed to sell it. A great company and very helpful. All i paid was a one off fee to cover marketing costs. The rest was down to me to deal direct with the buyer. Very easy and straight forward. If any of you are having problems in selling.

Janet K.

Last edited by marty8084 on Aug 13, 2011 01:02 AM

Aug 12, 2011

janetk158 wrote:
I would like to share my experience with you all about a timeshare company. I have dealt with many companies and lost loads of money to try and sell my timeshare. Eventually i found a company that was different from all the rest. They are an internet company that specializes in marketing timeshare. Within 3 months they introduced me to 2 prospects that were interested in my timeshare and i managed to sell it. A great company and very helpful. All i paid was a one off fee to cover marketing costs. The rest was down to me to deal direct with the buyer. Very easy and straight forward. If any of you are having problems in selling.

I smell a SHILL !!!!

R P.

Last edited by marty8084 on Aug 13, 2011 01:03 AM

Aug 19, 2022

Vacation home property got me for $600 in Feb the promised $1800 per week they took 4 I was post to pay the rest when they payed me out never happened now they saying they got a year an they are out of Florida

Kameiko D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.