Sapphire Residences

Mexico Advocate Team or Group, Coco Sunset, Executive Properites, omniCorp

Jan 06, 2014

If you purchased the scam fractional ownership within 2 years, you might be able to get the money back. Here is what I found:

"By law, cardholders have two years to dispute a transaction"

http://www.usbankconnect.com/article/understanding-preventing-chargebacks

Shuping L.
Jan 12, 2014

I did try that. I was told that because all transactions were put through Mexico they couldn't refund any money. I sent detailed information. The phone fraud part of the credit card company thought I would be fine, but then the fraud department sent me a letter. Out of luck again!

Jinger

Jinger M.
Jan 12, 2014

We have just returned from a vacation in Mexico. Of course, the hotel wanted us to look at their "Vacation Membership".....not time share. We turn into scarey monsters when someone wants us to go on a "2 Hour Tour". We told one manager our tale of woe and she said that it is illegal for one time share company to sell your time share for you. She said E-bay and the newspaper are really the only ways. She also gave me the name of a US legal group that is supposed to be working to help people who have been scammed. Haven't had time to call. I will let you know if it is real! Jinger

Jinger M.
Feb 01, 2014

Hi

Have you had any luck?

Jeff P.
Mar 11, 2014

Hi guys,

Let's report to FBI. They are supposed to defend Americans' interest globally.

Shuping L.
Mar 15, 2014

I went through the same process and would like to do the same, file charges locally that is. Did you do it and if you did, did it work? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Ramy

brians756 wrote:
I hired a private investigator this last week and found out the names of the owners. They are only a marketing company whom is thrashing the REAL DEVELOPERS name. ~If you bought anything from them and have a balance do not pay, and dispute the charge. Bahia Turquesa, Mira Mar, Coco Sunset, its all the same ***!!!! I recommend attending the spiel, getting an upgraded hole of a room and some free food. However, after 90 minutes get up and leave. I am going back in a week to file charges.

Ramy H.
Apr 07, 2014

Has anyone gone back to coco sunset.Do they honour your accomodation request after paying the maintenance fee?What about the corporate weeks or is that another part of their scam?

Pearl M.
Dec 13, 2014

I am going to Dateline and Nightline and Today Show. I just messaged Dateline through Facebook. Do the same thing. They have to think this is a good story if it involves and billion dollar industry that has be scamming for years and getting away with it.

danielt130 wrote:
So far I have legal assistance, I contacted the Attorney General of Illinois,and next I think they all need to be exposed worldwide and not just with Redweek. I am going to attempt to contact ABC World News. National exposure is the only way to stop these crooks.

Wendy G.
Mar 02, 2015

Hi All, I haven't seen any recent postings and we are wondering if there is any new information on how to proceed with this farce. I have received a notice that if we don't pay our annual fees they will report it to the credit bureau. Has this affected any of your credit bureau reports adversely? Such a bad, expensive deal. Cindy Kidd really took us. Along with Scott and the others. Thanks for any info. We did read that we should contact our local FBI.

D r E.
Mar 03, 2015

I still don't understand how you can prove fraud because I have used the time share several times. By paying an extra $100 a yr to Interval International Anyone can swap Coco Sunset for places all over the world. I was able to swap for a beautiful accommodation in Sedona, AZ & for another in Branson, Mo & also stayed in Coco once. Like everyone else on this forum, I wish I had never bought a time share, but it has worked if you use it. I was going to just let it go (I paid in full like an idiot) & not pay the maintenance because I don't think it will affect anyone's credit in the US, but I decided to use it for exchanges with Interval International which has much nicer accommodations than Coco.

I still think Coco Sunset is unethical in their presentation because I thought I could exchange forever without paying extra. In my case, the free exchanges were only for a couple of years, but I didn't read the fine print stating that, so unless we can prove fraud it seems to me like they aren't any different from other time share companies. They are all bad deals!! SO CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT THE FRAUDULENT CHARGES ARE????!!!!!

No one has ever stated what the charges are on this forum & I've been receiving these emails since 2009. PLEASE STATE THE CHARGES or we can't report them to the FBI, attorneys, etc. Thank you

Peggy H.
Mar 03, 2015

The fraudulent charges are that they tricked a lot of us who already owned existing time shares into believing that they would sell our existing time share for us, and that would finance their time share. Of course it did not work out and many of us were stuck with an extra time share that we did not want.

peggyh97 wrote:
I still don't understand how you can prove fraud because I have used the time share several times. By paying an extra $100 a yr to Interval International Anyone can swap Coco Sunset for places all over the world. I was able to swap for a beautiful accommodation in Sedona, AZ & for another in Branson, Mo & also stayed in Coco once. Like everyone else on this forum, I wish I had never bought a time share, but it has worked if you use it. I was going to just let it go (I paid in full like an idiot) & not pay the maintenance because I don't think it will affect anyone's credit in the US, but I decided to use it for exchanges with Interval International which has much nicer accommodations than Coco.

I still think Coco Sunset is unethical in their presentation because I thought I could exchange forever without paying extra. In my case, the free exchanges were only for a couple of years, but I didn't read the fine print stating that, so unless we can prove fraud it seems to me like they aren't any different from other time share companies. They are all bad deals!! SO CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT THE FRAUDULENT CHARGES ARE????!!!!!

No one has ever stated what the charges are on this forum & I've been receiving these emails since 2009. PLEASE STATE THE CHARGES or we can't report them to the FBI, attorneys, etc. Thank you

Tim M.
Mar 04, 2015

Our fraudulent issue is that Cindy Kidd sold us our Craptional unit with a written and dated contract with a guarantee the purchase of our Cabos San Lucas Crimeshare unit within 300 days for the amount of $28,500.00. We never saw a penny. Also we have a contract with Cindy Kidd for the rent of our Craptional Cocosunset unit for $2700.00 a week. We never saw a penny. As far as HSI and Interval International we had a VERY difficult time getting an exchange where we wanted to vacation. We even attempted the exchange a year in advance. They did find a place in Jamaica, not our choice, (Grande Palladium of Jamaica). After researching the resort I found that it was less expensive to book our vacation directly through The Grande Palladium rather than paying the exchange fee and maintenance fee. So yes all these companies are fraudulent crooks. Our attorney also informed us that our credit cannot be harmed. If you look at your contract your SS# is not in it. KARMA BIT@#$S!

Daniel T.

Last edited by danielt130 on Mar 04, 2015 11:46 AM

Mar 05, 2015

Thanks for your replies! Now I understand what has been going on with other victims of these vultures!

Peggy H.
Jun 22, 2015

We have received an offer to purchase from a private equity group. We did not initiate this and were phoned and then emailed an offer. Are we being suckered again?

Leann P.
Jun 23, 2015

Do not send any money, do not give them any information of importance. Tell them to f off really loud. They are lying, stealing creeps.

Wendy G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.