Jan 02, 2007

Has any one been to the Vacation Club very recently? -If so, were the new murphy beds installed?? We have been told multiple stories re: the date that they are to be done. We want to go use that side of our unit but not until we know they have been installed. The hide-a-beds were awful to sleep on.

Sheri K.
Jan 24, 2007

We have been told by managment the the new murphy beds are in. They were demonstrated this last summer. I can say 1st hand that they are a great change.

Teri C.
Jan 26, 2007

I am wondering if anyone has actually used them or observed that they are in. Our latest information is that they were supposed to be installed by the end of Feb. We are wondering also what the seating is like when they are up in the wall??

Sheri K.
Jun 21, 2007

Just sent our son and daughter -in-law over to use our lock-out. No...the Murphy beds are not all in ....after all this time! (June 1)

Sheri K.
Aug 04, 2007

We sleep in a Murphy bed on our visit in May 2007. They were very comfortable for my husband and myself. This unit was on a lower floor garden view unit.

Chris B.
Aug 08, 2007

wilberweb wrote:
We sleep in a Murphy bed on our visit in May 2007. They were very comfortable for my husband and myself. This unit was on a lower floor garden view unit.
Yes, they moved to a lower floor and were able to have a M. bed down there - the problem was that they wanted a higher level - (better view of course) and the owners were promised that the beds would be all installed by last Feb and this was June! One just can't believe what is told over there.

Sheri K.
Sep 02, 2007

Some relatives just returned from a visit (Aug 2007). They stayed in a lower-floor garden view unit with one of the new Murphy beds. They report that the Murphy bed was very comfortable - much improved from the hide-a-bed sofa. Apparently the Murphy bed configuration has a built-in sofa. Not quite sure what it all looks like, but our relatives seemed impressed. Perhaps it looks like this arrangement: http://www.murphybedusa.com/mbu_bed_over_sofa_motion.htm

Gregory B.
Sep 02, 2007

gblotter wrote:
Some relatives just returned from a visit (Aug 2007). They stayed in a lower-floor garden view unit with one of the new Murphy beds. They report that the Murphy bed was very comfortable - much improved from the hide-a-bed sofa. Apparently the Murphy bed configuration has a built-in sofa. Not quite sure what it all looks like, but our relatives seemed impressed. Perhaps it looks like this arrangement: http://www.murphybedusa.com/mbu_bed_over_sofa_motion.htm
Yes we saw them this past Feb. These are pretty much the same as the site you pointed out. They looked very nice and of course anything would be better than the hide-a-beds. We used to take an air mattress with us when we used that side of the unit. Our only complaint is that in late May they still had not installed them in the upper floor units which is where we like to stay. We'll be going in October and will check to see if they're all in now.

Sheri K.

Last edited by traveler on Sep 02, 2007 09:45 PM

Sep 02, 2007

traveler wrote:
gblotter wrote:
Yes we saw them this past Feb. These are pretty much the same as the site you pointed out. They looked very nice and of course anything would be better than the hide-a-beds. We used to take an air mattress with us when we used that side of the unit. Our only complaint is that in late May they still had not installed them in the upper floor units which is where we like to stay. We'll be going in October and will check to see if they're all in now.
Hopefully they have installed them...Just wanted to point out the sofa is in front of the murphy bed...just slide the sofa against the window and drop the bed down...cozy but comfortable for sleeping. Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Chris B.
Oct 07, 2007

wilberweb wrote:
traveler wrote:
gblotter wrote:
Hopefully they have installed them...Just wanted to point out the sofa is in front of the murphy bed...just slide the sofa against the window and drop the bed down...cozy but comfortable for sleeping. Good luck and enjoy your trip.
We stayed Xmas week 2006 & the new Murphy bed was installed on the 5 th floor oceanfront unit. The bed is very comfortable. Seems to be a queen size hotel type mattress. We did not have to move the couch. We simply pulled off the cushions from the couch & pulled the Murphy bed down between the arms of the couch. This was a major improvement & will be especially useful to lock off & spend 2 weeks instead of 1. I thought the dark wood on the Murphy bed was a little out of place for the lighter colors in the room but maybe the decor is going to change on the next refurb. I also called the resort 10.06.07 & was told by the front desk (night shift) that all the Murhy beds were installed in all the timeshare units. You can call the resort to at 1-808-245-5050 to confirm. Aloha!

Michael J.
Oct 10, 2007

We just got back from an Ocean View Villa. The Murphy bed was great - we were told they are installed in all Villas. At the Owners' meeting we were told that the renovation which will occur next Fall will include the introduction of furniture which matches the wood of the Murphy Bed.

Ned S.
Jul 08, 2013

The last 4 years I've been there you only have to remove the back pillows(2) off the couch and pull the murphy bed down. No moving furniture except the coffee table.

Mary W.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.