Marriott's Ocean Pointe

Tennis at Ocean Point

Jul 14, 2007

Adult son accompaning me in Sept. would like tennis and/or tennis lessons either at Ocean Point or nearby. While I know little or nothing about tennis, he takes lessons regularly and plays at a fairly high level. Any recommendations from those who know the area?

Sue L.
Jul 23, 2007

We stayed at Palm Beach Shores last March and found a public tennis court about a couple blocks away -I am not familiar with the area (from MN) so I can not give you street names. It was close enough that my son and husband were sorry they hadn't seen it sooner -because they would have walked over every day.

J M.
Oct 09, 2007

there is a beautiful tennis court few blocks away on ocean drive infront of the palm beachs shores resort...

Caroline S.
Oct 09, 2007

Thanks for your replies. We were at Ocean Pointe in Sept., and my son did play tennis most days at the nearby courts owned by the Marriott resort - 2 courts, I believe. He hired the tennis pro (Fernando) recommended by the resort, who came early in the morning (8am) and played for one hour. This satisfied what my son wanted to accomplish re tennis.

We enjoyed our stay at Ocean Pointe, though it was too humid for my taste. We had lovely dinners outside at several nearby restaurants, some overlooking the water. We especially enjoyed out visit to Lion Country Safari - driving through in our own car, stopping to enjoy the various animals while hearing a description on a CD provided by the company.

Also enjoyed a visit to the Flagler Museum in Palm Beach. My sons played golf twice at a public course inland.

Sue L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.