Marriott's Kauai Beach Club

has anyone seen the newly-renovated timeshare units?

Oct 25, 2008

My understanding is that all the timeshare units are to undergo a complete renovation between September-December 2008. In addition to new carpet/drapes, the renovation was to include new wood furniture with a darker finish, flat-panel televisions, and a revamped kitchenette with lower counters, bigger sink, and overhead microwave oven. Has anyone visited recently who can report on how the newly-revovated units look?

Gregory B.
Nov 15, 2008

Having not been back to KBC for 4 years and after reading all the complaints about the run down conditions and special assesments we were very happy to see our "home" as beautiful as ever.Just got back yesterday from Kauai and the renovated units are greatly improved. We locked out for 4 weeks.Not all the buildings are finished yet.Each side has a larger refrigerator, the counter tops are normal height with a large sink and new faucet, the microwave is a touch button over the sink in a bridge type unit that houses all the plates, silverware bowls etc with plenty of overhead storage.The pullout couch is now a wallbed. No more bar in the middle of your back. It is very easy for 1 person to put up or down and is very comfy.Each side got new furniture, new flat screen tv's, very easy to move tables. No more 3 piece glass top table that was so hard to move in the living room side.With the limitations that exist in that old building, they did a fabulous job. Pool is now heated and very nice to just walk into.I attended 4 owner meetings (which I am glad they have started up again) and 3 project update meetings where we learned there is still more new things coming on the hotel side which includes pool decking and restuarant upgrades.Up the hill developement I feel will help our property also just because we have the "BEACH". The annual owners meeting minutes should be online by now. Check it out. There was a lot of topics discussed.Now if they could only do something about the smoker's that break the non smoking area boundries. Aloha

Linda B.

Last edited by loindab on Nov 15, 2008 01:03 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.