Marriott's Ocean Pointe

What’s the difference between...

Dec 15, 2019

What’s the difference between Oceanside and ocean front?

Kevin L.
Jan 28, 2020

Oceanfront villas have a direct view facing the ocean. Oceanside views are on the side of the buildings from back to front.

Jean J.
Feb 27, 2020

There are significantly fewer ocean front villas. We have always used ocean view- they are less expensive and still have a nice view of the ocean.

Chad T.
Aug 23, 2020

My wife and I own oceanfront villas. In my opinion, one of the key factors is the floor that you are staying on. Over the years, trees have grown, so with oceanfront villas, the trees may block the view of the water if you are on a lower floor. Similarly, if you are assigned an oceanside villa that is on a lower floor, you may also be too low to see the ocean. The decision may be what you plan to do when you are there. If you spend most of your time "out and about" or at the pools, etc, then the view from the room may not be as important than it may be for those who prefer to relax on the deck and enjoy the view.

Timothy S.
Dec 11, 2021

Since if you don’t own a week directly from Marriott you do not get priority for room preferences I think getting Oceanside is better. Your oceanfront room may be on a low floor with no view and you may have a better view from Oceanside! If both views are bad at least you paid much less for the same size unit.

Lenore M.
Jan 02, 2023

Yeah, it’s true that Oceanside rooms and villas are typically less expensive than Oceanview units and hard to get. There is a good reason why. All Oceanside villas have living room windows and balconies that face the parking lots and the adjacent buildings. If you get one of those Oceanside units you have to lean out over the balcony railings and look left or right between the buildings to actually see the ocean or the pool areas. Only Oceanfront rooms and villas are on the side of the buildings that directly face the ocean and the pool areas. That’s the reason the scarcer Oceanfront rooms and villas command higher rents.

Fran
Jan 09, 2023

Here are the real facts. Oceanside means it does NOT face the ocean or the pool areas. Oceanfront means it does face both the ocean and pool areas. All Oceanside villas and rooms are located on the side of the building. The views from all Oceanside units are of the next door building and parking lots. Period. Anybody who tells you different is not being honest. Sure, if you are lucky you will get one of the 10% of Oceanside units where you can see the ocean or the pool areas - but, it will be a sliver of a view In the distance.

GP
Jan 09, 2023

If you want a great view it’s not that difficult to get it. Rent an Oceanfront condo. If you are not to demanding about which of the 5 buildings you want to be in, then you are very likely to get pa great view.

GP

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.