Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

DIAMOND AKA SUNTERRA POINTS

Nov 03, 2007

Since most people making posts apparently know about this company and how the product works, I will not be making anymore posts nor responding to any. Those of you who do own with this company, I do suggest that you read your contract about how your week and or points transfer on the resale market.

Good luck!

MaryLou E.

Last edited by maryloue2 on Nov 24, 2007 06:19 AM

Nov 12, 2007

maryloue2 wrote:
FYI! I see a lot of postings on Red Week from the above owners who are advertising their weeks as points. A. Points are only available on the resale market if you are purchasing from an owner who owns a Deed In Trust. This will give you the right to exchange into the 19 Trust properties or exchange as a TRADITIONAL WEEK through RCI. One can only exchange through II if purchase from the DEVELOPER.

B. The Ridge and the Summit Resorts in Sedona do not have any FOUR BEDROOM UNITS! If you purchase a Deed In Trust, 5500 Options will get you a Studio and or a One BDRM. during Low or Mid Season for a one week.

C. If you are interested in one of the postings for Sunterra Resorts, I would strongly suggest that one take time and through research so that you know what you will really be purchasing. Diamond Reosorts International recently purchased Sunterra so if would contact them before moving forward.

I can tell you that this is the most flexible and easy to use ownerships in the industry. However, one will only be able to enjoy the many additional benifits and have the highest and best use, if they purchase directly from the Developer.

My intent in taking time to post this to hopefully bring a greater awareness to those who are interested in purchasing this product.

This must have been written by a Sunterra Sales Person. In fact POINTS are a SCAM. Since Sunterra No longer exists what good are Sunterra Points !!! There is NO DEED - YOU OWN NOTHING. Since an exchange is based on what Resort your exchanging, how can Points (which are like air) be a better way to exchange. For example if I am giving up a resort in Hawaii and the exchange company has a couple hundred people in their computer(and their credit card) waiting to go there, the exchange system works GREAT -BECAUSE the Exchange Company will actually be making 2 exchanges(which is how they make money) by getting me my exchange. 1.)My exchange fee for wherever I'm going - Plus(2.) the the next person in lines exchange fee to my resort in Hawaii. If your not giving up a resort-how can points work better ??? You want a DEED - which alleviates RISK If anybody tells you something different -WALK OUT or HANG UP .

Jim B.
Nov 15, 2007

jimb107 wrote:
maryloue2 wrote:
FYI! I see a lot of postings on Red Week from the above owners who are advertising their weeks as points. A. Points are only available on the resale market if you are purchasing from an owner who owns a Deed In Trust. This will give you the right to exchange into the 19 Trust properties or exchange as a TRADITIONAL WEEK through RCI. One can only exchange through II if purchase from the DEVELOPER.

B. The Ridge and the Summit Resorts in Sedona do not have any FOUR BEDROOM UNITS! If you purchase a Deed In Trust, 5500 Options will get you a Studio and or a One BDRM. during Low or Mid Season for a one week.

C. If you are interested in one of the postings for Sunterra Resorts, I would strongly suggest that one take time and through research so that you know what you will really be purchasing. Diamond Reosorts International recently purchased Sunterra so if would contact them before moving forward.

I can tell you that this is the most flexible and easy to use ownerships in the industry. However, one will only be able to enjoy the many additional benifits and have the highest and best use, if they purchase directly from the Developer.

My intent in taking time to post this to hopefully bring a greater awareness to those who are interested in purchasing this product.

This must have been written by a Sunterra Sales Person. In fact POINTS are a SCAM. Since Sunterra No longer exists what good are Sunterra Points !!! There is NO DEED - YOU OWN NOTHING. Since an exchange is based on what Resort your exchanging, how can Points (which are like air) be a better way to exchange. For example if I am giving up a resort in Hawaii and the exchange company has a couple hundred people in their computer(and their credit card) waiting to go there, the exchange system works GREAT -BECAUSE the Exchange Company will actually be making 2 exchanges(which is how they make money) by getting me my exchange. 1.)My exchange fee for wherever I'm going - Plus(2.) the the next person in lines exchange fee to my resort in Hawaii. If your not giving up a resort-how can points work better ??? You want a DEED - which alleviates RISK If anybody tells you something different -WALK OUT or HANG UP .

Vanessa R.
Nov 15, 2007

Hello Jim Bob... u sound hick, an uneducated hick... points are backed up with a deed... not in all systems but with Sunterra and Diamond they are a fee simple deed UDI trust deed... research it with the department of real estate before assuming that you have a clue. Diamond/ Sunterra owners which I am one, make reservations as such. Last year I chose the Marriott Newport Coast Villas 2 br after confirming by reservation with 3250 points, II chose a 4 bedroom from Sunterra's inventory. They trade as a corporation not as a single week... So in other terms maybe you can understand is my hand will always trump your hand using my Diamond resorts! Enjoy your 2 Orlando and Branson weeks for your Hawaii... lol

Vanessa R.

Last edited by vanessar4 on Nov 15, 2007 01:52 PM

Nov 15, 2007

vanessar4 wrote:
Hello Jim Bob... u sound hick, an uneducated hick... points are backed up with a deed... not in all systems but with Sunterra and Diamond they are a fee simple deed UDI trust deed... research it with the department of real estate before assuming that you have a clue. Diamond/ Sunterra owners which I am one, make reservations as such. Last year I chose the Marriott Newport Coast Villas 2 br after confirming by reservation with 3250 points, II chose a 4 bedroom from Sunterra's inventory. They trade as a corporation not as a single week... So in other terms maybe you can understand is my hand will always trump your hand using my Diamond resorts! Enjoy your 2 Orlando and Branson weeks for your Hawaii... lol

Sunterra is GONE after being sued by SPAIN and numerous class action law suits. Their last CEO is on the run. Your deed is held in TRUST unfortunately not in yours. Sunterra is a point based system there are no deeds. Did you receive a FEE SIMPLE DEED from the state where you were obviously PUT TOGETHER . SUCKER !!!

Jim B.
Nov 15, 2007

jimb107 wrote:
vanessar4 wrote:

Sunterra is GONE after being sued by SPAIN and numerous class action law suits. Their last CEO is on the run. Your deed is held in TRUST unfortunately not in yours. Sunterra is a point based system there are no deeds. Did you receive a FEE SIMPLE DEED from the state where you were obviously PUT TOGETHER . SUCKER !!!

Vanessa R.
Nov 15, 2007

ok Billy Bob ... obviously u r compensating for other things in your life that are small like your knowledge of the real estate trust deeds sold in the usa... we are not talking about Sunterra Europe, but the US based CSV1 trust deed... Look them up with ARDA Mr Smarty Pants. THey win many of the top awards every year. I guarentee you... in a game of true actual knowledge of CSV1 points I AM THE ONE WHO IS CORRECT! Grow up and do research before spouting off just to feel important and "needed" in life.

Vanessa R.

Last edited by vanessar4 on Nov 15, 2007 07:17 PM

Nov 15, 2007

No need for the name calling.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Nov 15, 2007

marty8084 wrote:
No need for the name calling.

Thanks, Marty

sorry marty... i just get frustrated when people post info that they truly dont know for fact... unless they researched with ARDA or the department of real estate they should not state untrue facts as truth... again I do apologize.

Vanessa R.
Nov 16, 2007

I agree with Jim that being part of a Club, Group, or Vacation Organization is generally a non-controlling interest. If the Club decides to sell, mortgage, upgrade, etc. All they really owe you is a week wherever they may have available. And when you go to sell, you cannot really sell a particular place, you can only sell a share of ownership into a group of properties. Like a mutual fund, you can't sell Coke if they're going south and you can't vote to merge your AOL with Comcast.

Obviously, by the sound of it, in your case you can walk away with your contribution (space,place,time). And go on your merry may without worrying that someone else can make decisions with it ie; rent it to a different property owner, mortgage it into the ground, not keep it up, sell it, trade it, commit it.

But how would anyone know. The regular Joe would say, if it walks like a duck, must be a duck. I think it is fantastic that there are groups such as yours that allow you to retain your ownership, while also being able to trade with other owners at limited costs.

But you don't need to slam someone that is, as a general rule, correctly stating the differences.

Perhaps this reflects your mental/emotional maturity and education more than Jim's. We just want to be informed here. If you have different views or information, by all means share, but if you are just looking for on an opportunity to point at someone else, please spare us.

Orville F.
Nov 16, 2007

vanessar4 wrote:
ok Billy Bob ... obviously u r compensating for other things in your life that are small like your knowledge of the real estate trust deeds sold in the usa... we are not talking about Sunterra Europe, but the US based CSV1 trust deed... Look them up with ARDA Mr Smarty Pants. THey win many of the top awards every year. I guarentee you... in a game of true actual knowledge of CSV1 points I AM THE ONE WHO IS CORRECT! Grow up and do research before spouting off just to feel important and "needed" in life.

Vanessa you obviously are a very bitter person and as a SUNTERRA member I can see why. Let me SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU. CLUB SUNTERRA IS A MEMBERSHIP IN PERPETUITY. CSV MEMBERS DO NOT RECEIVE A DEED, AS ALL INVENTORY DEEDS ARE HELD IN TRUST BY A TRUSTEE. THE TRUSTEE ISSUES A VACATION OWNERSHIP POLICY AND MEMBERSHIP CERTIFICATE TO EACH POINTS MEMBER OF THE CSV CLUB.

The two Trusts at this time are 1.) Florida/CSV TRUST & 2.) Hawaii TRUST. Let me suggest that if you were told something different( which you obviously were) File a complaint with the DCCA or BBB in the State were you purchased your POINTS!!! p.s. ARDA is a JOKE- Anyone making a big enough DONATION WINS something. Please for the sake of all of us - DON'T REPLY

Jim B.

Last edited by astephens on Nov 16, 2007 07:06 PM

Nov 16, 2007

Now that language is un called for Jim... as I never called u a naughty word... I just asked u to do your research, which I can tell now that u have done some. We obviously will probably never agree, however even a fee simple deed has a risk. I own both types of memberships with different companies and did alot of research before purchasing this points product because I too had heard horrible things about different products. This I will say, My Sunterra gets me trades that my traditional II and RCI weeks never had. I Also like the safety of the UDI trust deed insured with 1st American Title. I simply do not like it when people voice their opinion without researching it first. I will stick with my weeks and Sunterra POints... You stick to you Hawaii weeks and lets wave a white Flag.... different strokes for different folks... Feel free to apologise for your language.

Vanessa R.
Nov 16, 2007

As Marty stated earlier, no name calling. The purpose of our Forums pages are to share information, not sling mud. Please keep your tempers in check.

Thanks, Alisa

Alisa S.
Nov 17, 2007

jimb107 wrote:

MaryLou E.

Last edited by maryloue2 on Nov 23, 2007 06:07 PM

Dec 04, 2007

Not sure how this applies to me. I have a deeded week in a Sunterra now Diamond resort in Williamsburg, Va (Greensprings Plantation - soon to have name changed). I have the deed in my hands and it cites week, unit etc. I also belong to the club where it counts as so many points but the deed is for specific week.

B

Betty K.
Dec 04, 2007

bettyk38 wrote:
Not sure how this applies to me. I have a deeded week in a Sunterra now Diamond resort in Williamsburg, Va (Greensprings Plantation - soon to have name changed). I have the deed in my hands and it cites week, unit etc. I also belong to the club where it counts as so many points but the deed is for specific week.

B

========== Do you have a more specific question? Other posters with more expertise with Sunterra/Diamond can confirm or deny the following: You have access to your Williamsburg unit for the week cited in your deed. Most likely, your points are good to exchange only into the other 19 or 20 resorts that are part of a Florida Trust. I’m not sure if you can exchange your unit using RCI or Interval International, but you can exchange it using RedWeek. In the past, you could pay a fee to join Club Sunterra and have access to other Sunterra resorts outside the trust or to exchange with Interval International. However, since Sunterra has been bought out by Diamond, their rules have changed regarding legacy Sunterra owners. Mike

Mike N.
Dec 04, 2007

I do belong to Club Sunterra and like so many others on here I want to sell my tmeshare, I just wasn't exactly sure what someone was saying about only having points - I used to have 2 weeks and I did sell one of them several years ago. Thanks for replying. B

Betty K.
Dec 04, 2007

bettyk38 wrote:
I do belong to Club Sunterra and like so many others on here I want to sell my tmeshare, I just wasn't exactly sure what someone was saying about only having points - I used to have 2 weeks and I did sell one of them several years ago. Thanks for replying. B
============ I'm not sure if the Club Sunterra memebership is transferable on resale, you might be only able to sell the Williamsburg unit and possibly trades within the Trust. This should all be outlined in your original contract. Please gather all the necessary info to present to a potential buyer as to what he/she is and is not purchasing. Good Luck

Mike N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.