Timeshare Companies

Timeshares Only

Aug 28, 2007

I know - we were just desperate to sell at the time. I have more or less given up now and we just make the best of it!

Karen W.
Aug 28, 2007

Ken: According to some regulations in Florida, it is against the law for a licensed realtor to ask for or recieve an upfront fee for a timeshare purchase.

And, I think a few years ago, it became against the law in that state to charge a fee for an appraisal for a T/S .

In NJ, where I live, no one can broker a sale of real estate except for a licensed real estate agent....and if a non agent takes any fees for help in the sale, they have broken the law.

How strict? In NJ, the State Commission has come to my house to issue formal charges that I was aiding Marriott in selling a timeshare in Absecon with out a license.

What did I do? I put a link on the www.tugbbs.com directing guests to the free 3 nite stay if the listened to a T/S presentation at the Marriott Seaview. I would get 40,000 MArriott Reward Points....if they decided to buy.

I was receiving payments for help in the sale of real property ( those 40,000 points) and had no real estate license. Pretty sure JayJay remembers the problems TUG had removing the stuff so members would not get in trouble.

These rules only are for people living in NJ and pretain to properties in NJ. So, there aren't many....but enough.

I need to search Daves posts on tug to find the Florida regulations on timeshare sales. Only probem there, is they pertain to licensed Real estate agents only. Not Advertising companies....but with enough compalints to Floridas AG, maybe that will change.

TAhen I hope to refing this message... you are right...they need Jel Soft here...

Kenneth K.

Last edited by kekouri on Aug 28, 2007 01:48 PM

Sep 04, 2007

Check out all the Customer Testimonials:

http://timesharesonly.com/testimonials.jsp

It just amazes me that a company with a national television advertising campaign would as Jay suggested post false recently SOLD timeshares and dozens of customer testimonials.

And SellMyTimeshareNOW.com actually stating the millions of dollars of timeshare SOLD though them. And not just stating right over the phone but on the website in black and white.

Shurly there must be a little of creditability in the facts. Unless its all blown smoke.

Bob D.
Sep 04, 2007

I'm sure that if anyone wanted to call Timesharesonly.com and ask them for the contact info for a few of their Satisfied Customer Testimonials that the response is going to be "we protect the privacy of our customers and can't give that info out". Now it's great for a company to protect the privacy of their customers and a customer sure wouldn't appreciate a lot a calls from strangers asking about their experiences with a company either. However, one needs to take this into consideration when judging the credibility of a consumer testiomial on a website...there's no checks and balances that these are indeed true, legitimate testimonials.

In Timesharesonly.com's case they generate a huge revenue for the state of Florida each year so they aren't going to be real high on the list of companies to keep close tabs on. Probably a small chance of anyone from the state actually checking their customer testimonials.

Just my thoughts on this.

Gary M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.