General Discussion

Royal HOliday is a scam

Jul 25, 2013

Acquired in Cancun the 7 year "test-drive plan". They never told me that every certificate must be activated paying an extra fee. Every time I need to book 1-2 months ahead, they say that there is no vacancy. One must book 6-7 months ahead at least. No benefits at all. Out there are a bunch of other ways to save money: xpedia, agoda, savemyday coupons, last minute travel sites and so. Please plase for your sake say NO to the selling representatives and spread the word. Their contracts are designed to reduced to zero the possibilites for sue them and get your money back.

N R.
Jul 26, 2013

This is directed to MR. ZHANG. Please count me in. That's if your not really working for RH. Sorry to be so pessimistic .....however I'm serious about getting involved. If you respond to this message we can go from there. Many many folk here would LOVE a class action. Your story is definitely the winner of SCAM RH!

Linda L.

Last edited by lindal179 on Jul 26, 2013 05:10 AM

Jul 26, 2013

nr38 wrote:
Acquired in Cancun the 7 year "test-drive plan". They never told me that every certificate must be activated paying an extra fee. Every time I need to book 1-2 months ahead, they say that there is no vacancy. One must book 6-7 months ahead at least. No benefits at all. Out there are a bunch of other ways to save money: xpedia, agoda, savemyday coupons, last minute travel sites and so. Please plase for your sake say NO to the selling representatives and spread the word. Their contracts are designed to reduced to zero the possibilites for sue them and get your money back.

One the of main priorities concerning timeshares is booking early .... 1-2 months ahead won't work in most cases, especially for popular locations/resorts/timeframes .... some people book a year in advance to get what they want.

I've never heard of a 7 year test drive. How much did you pay for this and how much do you have pay to book a week?

R P.
Jul 27, 2013

Good luck getting a reply. As much as I like this site...nothing gets accomplished except listening to scams from real people.. Only the shills get a resolution!

Linda L.
Aug 06, 2013

My husband and I was scam by Royal Holiday in Dominican Republic in June 2013 , we were told that we had five days to cancelled our contract, however, when we tried the next day, we were told that it is not possible. We have tried to book a family vacation for next June 2014 and found that using the privilege certificate we paid a higher rate, we have send Royal holiday a few emails trying to cancelled our contract. We received a one line email from the new member consultant stating “cancellation not applied”. Please can anyone tell how to get out of this Nightmare with Royal Holiday? please email suesue1260@gmail.com

Sue N.

Last edited by suen83 on Aug 06, 2013 04:28 PM

Aug 23, 2013

HI me and my wife were scammed this summer 7-1-13 at Royal Holiday- Park Royal Cancun. We signed up for there vacation package then 2 days later after noticing all the discount and free vacations were lies we asked to get out of our contract Jason Hyde our sales rep told us we were cancelled no other paper work required. What a lie he scammed us good. Every word the sales people said was a lie. Beware everyone stay out of Royal Holiday -Park Royal Cancun what a scam and now I'm on the hook fora 7k worthless vacation club membership.

Emerson W.
Aug 24, 2013

emersonw2 wrote:
HI me and my wife were scammed this summer 7-1-13 at Royal Holiday- Park Royal Cancun. We signed up for there vacation package then 2 days later after noticing all the discount and free vacations were lies we asked to get out of our contract Jason Hyde our sales rep told us we were cancelled no other paper work required. What a lie he scammed us good. Every word the sales people said was a lie. Beware everyone stay out of Royal Holiday -Park Royal Cancun what a scam and now I'm on the hook fora 7k worthless vacation club membership.

What a timeshare salesperson said verbally in a presentation holds no water in a court of law .... it's what's in the written contract that counts. If the lies are written in your contract and you can prove those lies (fraud) then you can get in touch with Profeco (the consumer advocacy agency in MX) and file a complaint .... you can google for contact info.

R P.
Jan 29, 2014

Hello. Have you been successful in canceling the contract. I am currently going through the same situation and am looking for help from anywhere. Please email me a copy of your letter giloesa@yahoo.com.

Gina E.
Jan 29, 2014

Hi, I went through the same thing and am trying to cancel the contract. Please contact me giloesa@yahoo.com

Hi guys,

My family and I were also scammed by these guys in the bahamas at the wyndham hotel and now we are trying to get our money back and to cancel this contract. The government should know and do something about these people. I have contacted royal holiday and (of course) they're no help. I've been doing some research and found out that the FTC had a lawsuit against another company from the bahamas that was doing almost the same thing as the royal holiday. I think we enough people complain, we can get them to look into this company.

I am making a list of people who'd like to file a complaint against this company too. Please contact me if you or someone you know has been scammed by these guys. Don't worry guys, I am a real person who's been scammed. I believe if we work together, our voices will be heard better :). please email me at: iqram_alli26@hotmail.com

Also, please like and share my facebook page and post your story there as well.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beware-Royal-Holiday-Scam/127542234115118

Gina E.
Feb 18, 2014

Go to the following webpages and give a detail complaint of how you were scammed:

1. https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started 2.http://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc 3. Arizona Consumer Protection Office 800-352-8431 (complain if they are threatening you with sending you to their collection agency and ruin your credit)

Add to your complaint the ABC 20/20 segment on how Royal Holiday is a scam http://youtu.be/l1W2HVGnNls

Mail your detailed complaint to the Credit Bureau (so that your credit is not ruined) Equifax Office of Fraud Assistance P.O. Box 105069 Atlanta, GA 30348 They require the following info: full names, current & previous address for past 5 years, date of birth, copies of SS card, copy of license (enlarged so that small letters are legible) or a copy of a utility bill with your address.

Gina E.

Last edited by phyl21 on Feb 18, 2014 11:57 AM

Mar 07, 2014

Please remove my postings with information about Royal Holiday. We have reached an agreement and have ended our relationship in an amicable way.

Gina E.
Mar 08, 2014

ginae29 wrote:
Please remove my postings with information about Royal Holiday. We have reached an agreement and have ended our relationship in an amicable way.

You can delete your own posts .... just hit delete and state deleted by your name.

R P.
Mar 28, 2014

I do not believe you. Of all the people who have been scammed, how did they single you out. We have been trying for years.

Auli A.
Mar 28, 2014

Don't believe you.

Auli A.
Mar 28, 2014

Do not believe you. Same exact wording as following message.

Auli A.
Mar 28, 2014

Each message saying you have reached an amicable agreement is worded exactly the same. Lies.

ginae29 wrote:

Auli A.
Mar 28, 2014

Any reports on Royal Holiday in Puerto Vallarta? We were royally scammed in 2010. "Friendly" persuasion to us (we are in our late 80's) for a 30 year contract. Pressure so severe we broke down.

Auli A.
Mar 29, 2014

Who the hek is going to give you their SS#....unbelievable!!!

ginae29 wrote:
Go to the following webpages and give a detail complaint of how you were scammed:

1. https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started 2.http://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc 3. Arizona Consumer Protection Office 800-352-8431 (complain if they are threatening you with sending you to their collection agency and ruin your credit)

Add to your complaint the ABC 20/20 segment on how Royal Holiday is a scam http://youtu.be/l1W2HVGnNls

Mail your detailed complaint to the Credit Bureau (so that your credit is not ruined) Equifax Office of Fraud Assistance P.O. Box 105069 Atlanta, GA 30348 They require the following info: full names, current & previous address for past 5 years, date of birth, copies of SS card, copy of license (enlarged so that small letters are legible) or a copy of a utility bill with your address.

Linda L.
Mar 29, 2014

All these so called amicable settlements are BS....their all working for Royal sent in as trolls!!!

Linda L.
May 03, 2014

donp196 wrote: Beware that this is just another scam. If they ask for any money to process your complaint and refund your money then RUN as fast as you can. The scammers lead you on by saying they represent the timeshare and guess what.... they are just the same scammers bleeding you for more money. Check them out carefully and see if they really represent Royal Holiday... I doubt it.

Interested in donating Royal Holiday points timeshare. Possible ? billg419

Bill G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.