General Discussion

Royal HOliday is a scam

May 05, 2015

To Mo Zhang. Please leave me an email!!!

Linda L.
May 05, 2015

Hi lindal179, we’re sorry to hear about your disappointment in your membership. We value your business and want to provide you with the vacation experience you desire. Please send us an email with your member ID and contact information to community@royal-holiday.com and we will help you resolve the issue.

Thank you

Royal H.
May 05, 2015

I want a refund! Been trying to get one for 14 years now....tried to cancel in Punta Cana the day after to no avail.Just give everyone back their money. You can clearly read how many people have been scammed of their hard earned money.How do you sleep at night????? And thank you for the disgusting welfare roach drug motel you put us up on in Las Vegas....I'll be calling you very soon!

Linda L.
May 05, 2015

You value my membership!!

Linda L.
May 05, 2015

I am not stopping until ALL is resolved. If it takes another nationally televised report so be it.

Linda L.
May 05, 2015

I'm so happy all the money I gave Royal holiday is building in the annunity in Switzerland!!!! Wow I'll be rich someday...and thank you for the 1/2 price airline tickets we never got or the suites we never stayed in!

Linda L.
May 05, 2015

This sums it up...quoted from a newspaper...operation are fighting back with websites and news stories publicizing the fraudulent practices of this business. In addition, a major television newsmagazine is gathering stories of victims for a possible segment on their show. It also goes by the name Premier Royal Holiday.

Groups with names like "RoyallyScammed", Royal_Holiday_scam, and Royal-HolidaySucks, have all been started by victims of the company that targets travelers on vacation to get them to sign illegal contracts and relieve them of thousands of dollars. RH has sales agents primarily in Cancun and Cozumel, but also in the Bahamas and other Caribbean locations.

They have joined to share their stories, tips on how to help new victims get refunds, and press for changes that will put Royal Holiday out of business. So far, their one small victory has been to get Royal Holiday to stop listing Hyatt, Marriott and a host of other big hotel chains as 'affiliates' on their website (although RH still makes this claim in their printed material).

Other changes they would like to see are the credit card companies refusing to process incoming charges from this fraudulent company, or at least immediate process chargebacks on the basis of a fraudulent transaction (rather than a mere contract dispute).

How does this happen to supposedly intelligent adults?

"They're so slick. They have this veneer of respectability because they have a huge office off the main lobby of the hotel," said one victim on the RH scam site. RHC does not actually own any of the resorts in their slick, thick catalog. They claim at least part ownership; in fact they nervily claimed in a letter of Dec. 2004 that they had just acquired the "Park Royal Los Cabos", and also that they had added a "strategic alliance" with Mexicana Airlines so as to offer its members special packages.

In fact, the sales reps for RHC make up anything to get a sale. They offer fictional air packages/discounts/flyer miles; they offer fictional golf packages; and lately they reportedly offer fictional annuities!

Linda L.
May 06, 2015

Sari P.

Last edited by sarip2 on Feb 25, 2018 02:54 AM

May 06, 2015

Dear lindal179, We want to work with you to resolve this issue to your satisfaction. Please send us an email with your member ID and contact information at community@royal-holiday.com and we will be in touch shortly.

Royal H.
May 06, 2015

Sari P.

Last edited by sarip2 on May 08, 2016 12:44 AM

May 06, 2015

To Sarip2.....yes! email me....we can talk privately. Love your detective work and your command of language is exceptional...hope to hear from you soon...take care

Linda L.
May 08, 2015

After speaking with Juan Angel Fonesca Valencia yesterday and his attempt to reach a satisfactory solution we went back and looked through the piles of paper dating back to 2001. We were promised an updated contract with the stipulations of the so called annunity clause ....then we were told since it was so late in the day...more like evening it was too late to draw it up. Come back tomorrow. We didn't sleep that night having buyers remorse. Now remember back then there was no 5 day cancellation period. That was brought about in 2006 after the 20/20 exposed royal. When confronted on 20/20 Mr Garcia said they would incorporate the cancellation policy there after. Every trip we took we could have gotten cheaper with everything included air/all-inclusive through Expedia, orbitz, Travelocity etc.... A satisfactory agreement to Royal is to continue being a member and continue getting ripped off. We specifically told the salesman we wanted a week all inclusive. Our $10,000.00 initial investment (which we paid in full) barely yielded 5 days. The flea bag, drug infested prostitute motel in Las Vegas was the last straw. AND YES we did COMPLAIN to NO avail!!! According to Juan we need to shop around for airfare from the east coast. It's very difficult to pair up air and hotel at their all inclusive so for the same dates....airfare is between $550.00 to $750.00 rd/trip/pp .....and in the $575 maintainence plus the per night all- inclusive fee which is probably at least $85.00 by now. Oh...he did say some resorts are as low as $49.000. Where is that in Mexico/Cozumel? Don't want to go there....we go to Punta Cana DR.....will keep you posted.

Linda L.
May 11, 2015

Sari P.

Last edited by sarip2 on Feb 25, 2018 03:01 AM

May 11, 2015

Waiting! What are you going to do to correct this mess?

Linda L.
May 12, 2015

Sari P.

Last edited by sarip2 on Feb 25, 2018 02:58 AM

May 16, 2015

Sari P.

Last edited by sarip2 on Feb 25, 2018 03:12 AM

May 16, 2015

Sari P.

Last edited by sarip2 on May 18, 2016 08:40 AM

May 16, 2015

Sari P.

Last edited by sarip2 on Aug 23, 2015 05:55 PM

May 17, 2015

Sari P.

Last edited by sarip2 on May 31, 2016 10:17 AM

May 17, 2015

Sari P.

Last edited by sarip2 on May 31, 2016 10:21 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.