Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

New $99 few for DIY verified and protected is ridiculous

Apr 15, 2024

As a very satisfied long time user of Redweek rentals, I do have to say I am very disappointed in the new $99 fee imposed when completeing a DIY verified and protected rental. I will not longer use that option and have found a few other sources for my rentals other than Redweek. I think this will be the beginning of the end or me using this site to list my rentals.

Gary R
Apr 22, 2024

I thought that was very high too. May I ask how you intend to rent your timeshare? I contacted VRBO and their reviews are horrible; tried 4 times to get a simple question answered to no avail. Looking at Airbnb. Thanks in advance.

Susan S.
May 25, 2024

as a 10+ year long user of Redweek, I'm also very disappointed with Redweek for imposing extra $99 commission for DIY rental posts on top of the very high ad fee they charge without giving ANY prior notice about this new change! Isn't charging almost 10% to the renters already greedy enough...? Now you are charging ~$150 ($49 + $99) for even DIY posts.... What additional service are you providing that's different from before? How is this different from the Full Service charge. you charge? ($60 + $99)

Today Redweek just deducted $99 off from my total without giving ANY prior announcement of such new change! Redweek - Please explain...

Kim
Jul 11, 2024

I'm a 18+ year user of RedWeek to post my rentals and very much in support of the comments made above. I've recommended RedWeek to people looking to book vacations. Won't be doing that anymore. When Full Service became available some years ago some of these people told me that when they accessed the post book that there was an additional fee of about 10% of the posted rental price. They were not happy. Never used RedWeek. Booked their vacation elsewhere. So at that time potential renters were turned off by that change. This recent change is now also putting off the owners who supply the inventory. IMHO poor decisions made by RedWeek.

Fernando C.
Jul 17, 2024

Long time member and I have been disappointed in the new fees and the lack of traffic on my postings in the last couple of years. I have had better luck with word of mouth than Redweek. Can I ask who you are going to use?

Mark H.
Jul 18, 2024

What are some other sites people are using to rent thier properties since this is getting greedy too?

Jeffrey H.
Oct 15, 2024

Let me know who very frustrated also with getting information

Fred B.
Oct 15, 2024

I completely agree Redweek has made a number of undesireable and unacceptable changes since being acquired by Arrivia in 2022. Under Arrivia policies and leadership, profits come before people (owners and renters). The $99 success fee is exorbitant, considering they already charge significant renter's fee and listing fees. For us, since we list the studio and 1 bedroom separately, Redweek will receive almost $200 return on our investment. To add to this disappointment and frustration, today I learned Redweek will no longer allow us/owners to highlight our verified and protected listings. This means only Redweek Full Service listings are highighted in green and grouped first for each date. This is entirely misleading to renters searching the platform, and unfair to owners, since it leads renters to conclude the non-highlighted listings are inferior or not as desirable. I do not want an unknown Redweek representative handling my ownership listings, so have never used the Full Service option, and do not plan to.

Does anyone know of feasible alternative to Redweek? I plan to begin an earnest investigation to determine if there is one.

Dianna M
Oct 20, 2024

I agree with you. You can still DYI and pay $39.99 without paying $99 as a commission. I didn’t see it at first but if you scroll all the way to the top of the page it say “click here “ click it. It brings you back to the regular redweek Homepage

Rose T.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.