Oct 27, 2006

Would like to meet others who own Villa 12. We love it! Just wondering if anyone may want to exchange dates some time in the next 50 years! We have the first half of May.

Dianne M.

Last edited by dmagliulo on Jan 31, 2009 10:57 AM

Mar 17, 2007

We are in the process of purchasing Villa #51 due for completion in 2008. We are buying the entire month of March. Would like to know your feelings on ownership at the Montecristo, as we are curious about renting it, especially without the golf course being completed. Would appreciate any feedback - plusses and minuses. Elizabeth

Elizabeth M.
Apr 07, 2007

elizabeth194 wrote:
We are in the process of purchasing Villa #51 due for completion in 2008. We are buying the entire month of March. Would like to know your feelings on ownership at the Montecristo, as we are curious about renting it, especially without the golf course being completed. Would appreciate any feedback - plusses and minuses. Elizabeth

Good luck trying to rent out these villas. Too much inventory available and the RE Agents who rent properties in Cabo only take certain weeks in the year. We own last 2 weeks of May every year and are going on our third year of ownership with no rental possibilites and have not enjoyed any rental income to speak of. I am currenty trying to rent our unit # 11 at $386 per nite on RedWeek- THE LOWEST RENT AMOUNT TO ALL OTHER ADS, and NOT ONE INQUIRY IN OVER 4 MONTHS. Sorry to burst your bubble , but the selling agents at Pueblo Bonito gave us a lot of "hype" and untruths on how easy we could rent our villa for $1500 per nite. It's nothing but a "pipe dream" . So be prepared to not be able to rent your unit for a long time --at least until all amenites are in and established. Our best advice is just to enjoy the time you spend with love ones here. It's a wonderful property , but a terrible rental income investment. And that's the truth! Our villa is on the highest peak ---top row, best view and NO RENTAL ACTION AT ALL.

Mark & Marilyn, Villa #11

Mark G.

Last edited by markg99 on Apr 08, 2007 07:55 AM

Apr 07, 2007

Hi Mark & Marilyn,

Just wanted to check to make sure that you had received the inquiries for your rental on RedWeek.com. Our records show that you have received inquiries from 3 different people. Please check your messages here on our website under "Messages" in case your email account has filtered them out.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Apr 08, 2007

Mark and Marilyn,

Rental possibilities are what I expected, as I had checked with RE agents who only wanted holiday time. The property is beautiful and we will enjoy it, but also hoped to have rental option. Hope that changes with addition of the golf course. Have you tried an exchange with the Registry Collection - their selection of locations looks good, but don't know how easy it is to get a trade. Elizabeth

Elizabeth M.
Apr 08, 2007

marty8084 wrote:
Hi Mark & Marilyn,

Just wanted to check to make sure that you had received the inquiries for your rental on RedWeek.com. Our records show that you have received inquiries from 3 different people. Please check your messages here on our website under "Messages" in case your email account has filtered them out.

Thanks, Marty

Thanks Marty for your reply. The messages we have received were for times we don't own. Some folks don't read rental dates very carefully and request info for times not available through us. We have deleted these messages. No new inquires for quite some time. I did, however, renew my ad for another 6 months.

Mark

Mark G.
Apr 08, 2007

elizabeth194 wrote:
Mark and Marilyn,

Rental possibilities are what I expected, as I had checked with RE agents who only wanted holiday time. The property is beautiful and we will enjoy it, but also hoped to have rental option. Hope that changes with addition of the golf course. Have you tried an exchange with the Registry Collection - their selection of locations looks good, but don't know how easy it is to get a trade. Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth: We have checked out this source and don't find anything we want re: trading or exchanging. We would rather have the rental income. That's one of the primary reasons we purchased Montecristo Estates. We only take a week at a time for vacation. I may decide soon to "sell off one of our weeks" so we don't have to deal with the headache of trying to rent out one of our weeks each year. It just seems impossible to get anyone interested. We have tried many other sites, also with no luck.

We wish you all the best of success with your purchase. Only one word of advice. If you are not going to stay in your villa for the entire month yourselves, you might want to consider ONLY buying what you can use. Don't rely on the "rental income". You will be sorely disappointed. If you don't exchange the time you don't use --you will have the financial burden of having to pay "high weekly maintainence fee" with no offsetting rental income.

Good luckl!

Mark & Marilyn, Villa # 11

Mark G.
Apr 09, 2007

markg99 wrote:
marty8084 wrote:
Hi Mark & Marilyn,

Thanks, Marty

Thanks Marty for your reply. The messages we have received were for times we don't own. Some folks don't read rental dates very carefully and request info for times not available through us. We have deleted these messages. No new inquires for quite some time. I did, however, renew my ad for another 6 months.

Mark

Thanks, Mark. Hope you start receiving some inquiries soon for the actual available dates.

Marty

Marty F
Apr 10, 2007

elizabeth194 wrote:
In contrast to the response you just received from Mark, we have had complete success in renting every available night of our villa #3 for 2005, 2006, and 2007. We have rented from $250 per night up to $600 a night and never had an empty night. We did not purchase this for an investment, but so far, we have collected over $26,000 on $18,000 worth of maintenance fees. We own from 12/16 until 2/1 each year. We only advertise on Redweek . Ellis and Sally Gedney

Sarah G
Apr 11, 2007

ellisg wrote:
elizabeth194 wrote:
In contrast to the response you just received from Mark, we have had complete success in renting every available night of our villa #3 for 2005, 2006, and 2007. We have rented from $250 per night up to $600 a night and never had an empty night. We did not purchase this for an investment, but so far, we have collected over $26,000 on $18,000 worth of maintenance fees. We own from 12/16 until 2/1 each year. We only advertise on Redweek . Ellis and Sally Gedney

Ellis and Sally I appreciate your note on rental, as we are looking to rent at least part of our month for the first few years. I joined Redweek to see what the rentals looked like. I guess pricing it right is the key. Thank you. Elizabeth

Elizabeth M.
Mar 30, 2008

elizabeth194 wrote:
Hello Elizabeth, How did you March holiday work out? We own Villa#51 April 1 - 16. Love to talk to you your experience. Thanks, Ronda

Ronda F.

Last edited by marty8084 on Mar 31, 2008 01:53 AM

May 26, 2008

am in the process of considering a purchase of one of the existing villas for the 1st 2 week in November. We got a free trip to Pueblo Bonito Pacifica and went on one of those sales pitches. We looved the villas (despite the unctuousness of the salesman)We didn't buy while we are there but I have spent the subsequent weeks looking into this possibility.They are asking approx 96,000. They are currently selling these as "deeded" properties. Since Americans can't own property on the coast of Mexico, they are using a fideicomiso which is an irrevocable trust where the bank holds the title and we are the beneficiaries. We have a perpetual interest in the property. From reviewing this website and others, it appears there is a market for renting or selling. I dont think, however that one should buy these villas with an eye toward making a big profit because there are so many total units for sale; but i think you can rest assured that you could sell in the future and get some return on your money. I have researched the developer and he is highly regarded. So I have researched all aspects of this to death but have not yet decided to pull the trigger and sign the papers. I too would welcome a dialog with other owners.

(*PS. I pasted this message from another topic on this forum to get maximum exposure to other owners. We did see the construction on the golf course and the Ritz Carlton when we were there 2 weeks ago. SO I would guess taht when those are completed (in 09) it will be easier to rent.)

Jeffrey W.
May 26, 2008

We own Dec 1-16, plus one floating week in the spring/summer, in Villa #1.

We have not tried renting it but after purchasing a house in Hawaii will probably try to do so this year.

It has been the best family vacation for our extended family we have ever owned.

We are currently paying $2,354 for two weeks. What are you folks paying?

Andy

Andy T.
May 26, 2008

They now charge $2k per week for maint. fees. We have not made the decison to buy yet and we are going back and forth whether to take the plunge and rent or buy the 2 weeks.

Jeffrey W.
May 30, 2008

rondaf7 wrote:
elizabeth194 wrote:
Hello Elizabeth, How did you March holiday work out? We own Villa#51 April 1 - 16. Love to talk to you your experience. Thanks, Ronda
We gave the entire month of March to the Registry Collection for 2008. So far we have traded for one week on a catamaran in the Caribbean which we will use in Dec. For 2009 we will spend the last 2 weeks in our villa. Hope to meet you, as we may cross paths on check-out day Apr.1 . Would love to stay in touch with you and other villa #51 owners.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth M.
May 31, 2008

jeffreyw70 wrote:
They now charge $2k per week for maint. fees. We have not made the decison to buy yet and we are going back and forth whether to take the plunge and rent or buy the 2 weeks.

I own #20--the first two weeks in February and the whale watching is terrific. I have currently rented the second week for 2009 and plan to use the first week, health permitting.

Tim S.

Last edited by marty8084 on May 31, 2008 04:08 PM

Jun 03, 2008

dmagliulo wrote:
Would like to meet others who own Villa 12. We love it! Just wondering if anyone may want to exchange dates some time in the next 50 years! We have the first half of May.

We own Villa 20, the first two weeks in Feb. which is a great time for whale watching. Surely members could exchange weeks without any problems but I'm not sure.

Tim S.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jun 03, 2008 02:31 PM

Jun 03, 2008

dmagliulo --

I'm a "12er" also. Have the first two weeks in September. Bought way back when MC was just a gleam in Senior Copple's eye. Have used it two years so far. Villa #12 is hands down the best villa at MC. Almost as high as the top row #1 through #11 but because out a little further the view due west isn't blocked by the outcropping that is just to the right of #1 and those units below us drop off a long way down so their view of the sunset is blocked by mountain that has the lighthouse on top of it AND being the end unit on the street have an unfettered view of sunsets to the west and ocean down below. Pinch myself every minute I'm there. Aaah, yes Unit 12ers are Gods chosen villa owners. Also in September everything is green, green, green and beautiful cloud formations and sunsets.

Was visiting MC this last February and it looked like they were starting golf course over by lighthouse mountain. On a visit up to MC before the first units were built I ran into the civil engineer who was second engineer in charge of developing MC and houses, and golf courses. He told me plan for golf courses -- 36 holes. Course goes around the west side of lighthouse mountain and will the hole furthest south will be called "Land's end hole" with the hole being the hole furthest south on baja California. Courses and hole will be famous vis-a-vis Pebble Beach in Monterey, California. Will be on PGA circuit. The salesman told me that the reason it hasn't been finished is because for first time in history Mexcian government demanded environmental study before beginning construction (don't know whether bullshit or not). MLWalden

Martin W.

Last edited by martinw7 on Jun 03, 2008 09:02 PM

Jun 04, 2008

martinw7 wrote:
dmagliulo --

I'm a "12er" also. Have the first two weeks in September. Bought way back when MC was just a gleam in Senior Copple's eye. Have used it two years so far. Villa #12 is hands down the best villa at MC. Almost as high as the top row #1 through #11 but because out a little further the view due west isn't blocked by the outcropping that is just to the right of #1 and those units below us drop off a long way down so their view of the sunset is blocked by mountain that has the lighthouse on top of it AND being the end unit on the street have an unfettered view of sunsets to the west and ocean down below. Pinch myself every minute I'm there. Aaah, yes Unit 12ers are Gods chosen villa owners. Also in September everything is green, green, green and beautiful cloud formations and sunsets.

Was visiting MC this last February and it looked like they were starting golf course over by lighthouse mountain. On a visit up to MC before the first units were built I ran into the civil engineer who was second engineer in charge of developing MC and houses, and golf courses. He told me plan for golf courses -- 36 holes. Course goes around the west side of lighthouse mountain and will the hole furthest south will be called "Land's end hole" with the hole being the hole furthest south on baja California. Courses and hole will be famous vis-a-vis Pebble Beach in Monterey, California. Will be on PGA circuit. The salesman told me that the reason it hasn't been finished is because for first time in history Mexcian government demanded environmental study before beginning construction (don't know whether bullshit or not). MLWalden

Walden,

We own dec 1-16 in villa #1.

Over 3 years now.

I think the construction you are seeing is for the ocean front homes not the golf course?

At least it was 6 months ago.

Does any one have more current info??

Andy

Andy T.
Jun 04, 2008

Andy --

Villa #1 the first unit built at the top at the end of the line I presume at a premium two weeks of the year. That make you a pioneer of sorts. How do you like it?

I'm end of the next street below and to the left.

I can't help but feel that the values of the MC are really going to take off when they golf courses go in. I have a timeshare at Peublo Bonita Rosa second week in August and went up to #12 three years ago before it was built. Took some pictures and contrasted them just a few hours ago with same view a month later after rainy season arrived. So much more beautiful in September with everything so lush and green. With golf courses going in this dry barren ugly area during dry season will be green and beautiful. Also nearest golf coures are now 30 minutes away and good ones 45 minutes.

Marty

Martin W.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.