Marriott's Frenchman's Cove

Platinum Plus not Platinum

Feb 23, 2007

Just arrived back home. A great resort. I'll have a full review in a day or two. I have a question to any of you who have purchsed Platinum plus week in this or any other Marriott resort. I was told that the extra bucks I paid for a platinum plus week guaranteed me the week I chose. Christmas, New Years and Pres week were the ones they offered at varing prices and I chose Pres week. Now Marriott is saying that I can't choose another ordinary platinum week just Pres week. In effect I didn't get a floating week or a season, I bought one specific week. If I want to go in platinum season other than Pres week I have to try and trade through Interval. Needless to say this has caused quite a stir among some owners although I did talk to one or two that were told they were only buying a single week. Any comments would be apreciated. Jim Freeman

Jim F.
May 17, 2007

I had a similar experience in purchasing platinum season for Marriott's St. Kitt's resort. I was led to believe that this entitled me to all weeks except the platinum plus and special excluded holiday dates. When booking my week, I discovered, as did you, that I was entitled to those weeks only through Interval. I think that marketing ploy is very questionable and Marriott should be required to make it clear that you cannot book your home resort through Marriott for the seasons you did not purchase.

Sally S.
Jul 25, 2007

jimf41 wrote:
Just arrived back home. A great resort. I'll have a full review in a day or two. I have a question to any of you who have purchsed Platinum plus week in this or any other Marriott resort. I was told that the extra bucks I paid for a platinum plus week guaranteed me the week I chose. Christmas, New Years and Pres week were the ones they offered at varing prices and I chose Pres week. Now Marriott is saying that I can't choose another ordinary platinum week just Pres week. In effect I didn't get a floating week or a season, I bought one specific week. If I want to go in platinum season other than Pres week I have to try and trade through Interval. Needless to say this has caused quite a stir among some owners although I did talk to one or two that were told they were only buying a single week. Any comments would be apreciated. Jim Freeman
agreed i was very upset boought christams week cant use it maybe we can trade together

Barry E.
May 05, 2008

jimf41 wrote:
agreed think i was screwed wouldnt have bought it in the contract it did say you couldnt that was after i bought i realized we were screwed

Barry E.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.