Jun 07, 2007

Anyone out there who has bought at Frenchman's Cove--would you be willing to share a price range and purchase date?? We are going down end of August and hope to buy so just wanted to know how much they have gone up?

Maria W.
Jun 20, 2007

maria985 wrote:
Anyone out there who has bought at Frenchman's Cove--would you be willing to share a price range and purchase date?? We are going down end of August and hope to buy so just wanted to know how much they have gone up?
Looks like announcement will be made today that 2 bedrooms in some seasons will now be sold out till 2009! This is what salesman there informed me--likely Platinum season but may be other seasons also.

Maria W.
Jun 20, 2007

maria985 wrote:
maria985 wrote:
Looks like announcement will be made today that 2 bedrooms in some seasons will now be sold out till 2009! This is what salesman there informed me--likely Platinum season but may be other seasons also.

What is the current platinum price?

Gail A.
Jul 07, 2007

gail203 wrote:
maria985 wrote:
maria985 wrote:

$35,500

Adam K.
Jul 09, 2007

adampkelly gail203

maria985 wrote:
maria985 wrote:
A

$35,500

I see prices've gone up since Jan. 2007. PS: Remember, to consider your mortgage interest (if there is one) when comparing prices.

Art D.
Jul 18, 2007

The Two Bedroom Villa is not available for 2008. All Gone. Now 2009. Actually they are selling 2008 but must redeem for points first year. So first year occupancy is 2009. Get it now. Prices and occupancy are moving and will continue to move. It is a small project and will sell out soon.

Michael A.
Jul 19, 2007

thank you! mls

Ed S.
Jul 21, 2007

Can you compare the ocean front to ocean side view- length to the beach to walk or do they use golf carts to take you there?

There is only one view unless they change it in the later buildings. The buildings are up on a hill so you have to take an elevator down from your unit to the main level then take another elevator down to the pool area, restaurant, shop, excercise facility, clubhouse, etc. The beach is right next to the pool unless you want to go to the other beach by the Morningstar. You would need to take the shuttle or drive because it's down another hill a couple of blocks away. This side of the island has a lot of hills.

Adam K.

Last edited by marty8084 on Dec 28, 2007 12:40 AM

Jul 25, 2007

Nope--looking for gold--actually already bought--I own week 52 Christmas/New Years at Harborside at Atlantis.

Maria W.
Aug 17, 2007

adampkelly wrote:
mls3 wrote:
adampkelly wrote:
mls3 wrote:
adampkelly wrote:
maria985 wrote:
adampkelly wrote:
I was just there through the 10th. Prices have gone up depending on number of bedrooms(2 or 3), number of weeks(1 or 2), and Seasons. Let me know what number of bedrooms you are looking to buy, number of weeks, and what Season(Presidents, Holiday, New Years, Platinum, Gold, or Silver) and I can give you the exact price. Occupancy for new purchases of (2) bedrooms is 2008 and (3) bedrooms is 2009.
I am looking for one week 2 bedroom gold season--we are going down end of August to buy--hopefully 2008 will still be available

$26,500.

What view is this for? I am interesed in the same gold, but ocean front view

Ocean Side View

Can you compare the ocean front to ocean side view- length to the beach to walk or do they use golf carts to take you there?

There is only one view unless they change it in the later buildings. The buildings are up on a hill so you have to take an elevator down from your unit to the main level then take another elevator down to the pool area, restaurant, shop, excercise facility, clubhouse, etc. The beach is right next to the pool unless you want to go to the other beach by the Morningstar. You would need to take the shuttle or drive because it's down another hill a couple of blocks away. This side of the island has a lot of hills.

Connie B.
Aug 17, 2007

I am looking for recent guest comments. I own a silver week and my daughter is using it in early october for her honeymoon. I am worried that there is going to be a lot of construction noise/dirt/ etc and not many ammenities. I have stayed at the hotel but bought the timeshare preconstruction(2004) and there aren't any photos on the marriot websites to follow the progress. Was it nice? We have a 3 BR but i understand that all they are renting now are 2 BR units. Is that true?

Connie B.
Aug 18, 2007

connieb102 wrote:
I am looking for recent guest comments. I own a silver week and my daughter is using it in early october for her honeymoon. I am worried that there is going to be a lot of construction noise/dirt/ etc and not many ammenities. I have stayed at the hotel but bought the timeshare preconstruction(2004) and there aren't any photos on the marriot websites to follow the progress. Was it nice? We have a 3 BR but i understand that all they are renting now are 2 BR units. Is that true?

See these pictures:

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/2529554#133591844

Art D.
Aug 19, 2007

we are leaving this Thursday for a quick weekend trip==although staying at the hotel we will be seeing the units as we have bought one but haven't seen it yet!

Maria W.
Aug 28, 2007

The units are gorgeous and the view spectacular--all the units will have great views--there are elevators so you don't have far to walk down. Bar next to pool and little sundries type shop was open. Not much noise while we were there--we did stay at the hotel and did our tour on the weekend. Kids club looked great and is free as long as parents are in the pool area. The beach doesn't look great but honestly the beach over at Morningside Beach was incredibly nice with crystal clear water and gentle waves and the shuttle came really regularly--the hotel is not that nice so I think these will do really well even if you have to rent sometime. I think there sales are way ahead of their building schedule because anyone who buys now won't be able to use till 2009.

Maria W.
Aug 29, 2007

Thanks for the info. The views should be spectacular but the phot of the 6 story wall with balconies facing it really scared me!

Connie B.
Nov 11, 2007

Is there an option to buy the units outright??

Maureen W.
Nov 11, 2007

I don't think that is an option with timeshares.... way too costly !!! At $35,000/week... do the numbers. It would approach two million dollars for the condo.

David W.
Nov 12, 2007

davidw489 wrote:
I don't think that is an option with timeshares.... way too costly !!! At $35,000/week... do the numbers. It would approach two million dollars for the condo.
I am not even sure they would allow it--our Harborside at Atlantis timeshare they had someone actually want to do that and they would not allow it. I have heard rumors FC will be selling every other year units but starting with platinum units first. If it were gold I would buy another one so every other year I could take advantage of the 13 month reservation time for more popular times!!! I think sales are going pretty well since they are selling for first use in 2009.

Maria W.

Last edited by maria985 on Nov 12, 2007 08:29 AM

Dec 25, 2007

maria985 wrote:

I would not buy from the developer ... you can get a better price on a resale.

David N.
Dec 25, 2007

davidn130 wrote:
maria985 wrote:

I would not buy from the developer ... you can get a better price on a resale.

\\ It is a little tough to buy resale on a basically new area--most resales on market right now are more than developer prices--one bargain has been snapped up out there based on the TUG forum but other than that the prices aren't much better and as I said a few are even more.

Maria W.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.