Sapphire Residences

Mexico Advocate Team or Group, Coco Sunset, Executive Properites, omniCorp

May 05, 2013

I was scammed by them too, so I will file a complaint too! Thanks for the info.

Peggy H.
May 09, 2013

I hired a private investigator this last week and found out the names of the owners. They are only a marketing company whom is thrashing the REAL DEVELOPERS name. ~If you bought anything from them and have a balance do not pay, and dispute the charge. Bahia Turquesa, Mira Mar, Coco Sunset, its all the same ***!!!! I recommend attending the spiel, getting an upgraded hole of a room and some free food. However, after 90 minutes get up and leave. I am going back in a week to file charges.

Brian S.

Last edited by phyl21 on May 09, 2013 02:07 PM

May 10, 2013

Brian: The owner is Anselmo Baldini. Roberto Mancino, works for Baldini. I wonder why you say the real developers are being trashed. The owner and the developer are one and the same. Everyone involved with this fraud has to know what is going on.

Please let us know how your investigation progresses.

Susanne B.
May 11, 2013

I agree -they all know what is going on. Nobody is the "innocent victim" here except us. With whom can one file charges? As far as I know so far they've bought off authorities in Costa Rica. I'm hanging on to the 4 timeshares I bought in the hopes that something will come up. I can drop the maintenance fee any time. They can't come back at us -they're the scammers. I had my "contract" modified so I pay only one maintenance fee every other year unless I use it. Others have an arrangement to pay no maintenance fee unless they use it. The fact that they are so willing to do that shows that they know they really have no recourse -they know they are the crooks.

Patricia B.
May 16, 2013

I'm sure they are all 'in on it'. I have been going diving there for years and have contacted the diving company I use and they didn't have anything good to say about them. I think I might just skip Costa Rica and dive elsewhere.

susanneb26 wrote:
Brian: The owner is Anselmo Baldini. Roberto Mancino, works for Baldini. I wonder why you say the real developers are being trashed. The owner and the developer are one and the same. Everyone involved with this fraud has to know what is going on.

Please let us know how your investigation progresses.

Brian S.
Jun 04, 2013

We are still fighting for our money to be returned. The NC Attorney General got a bunch of b.s. from Monique Kinsey at Coco Sunset saying that we were never promissed any resale money on our timeshare. Yes I bought that piece of junk at Coco Sunset because they promisssed us $28,500.00 for our timeshare. I did print all postings on Redweek and mailed them out to our Attorney General today. I am not giving up! What a group of crooks and liars!

Daniel T.
Jun 05, 2013

I still don't understand how anyone in the U.S. can help us with a timeshare that was bought through a corporation in another country?? I wish they could, but I've resigned myself to the fact that I made a stupid mistake & lost a lot of money & have to try & forget about it. Please let me know if I'm wrong because I wish I were!!!!! I've asked this before, but no one ever answers!! U.S. attorneys don't have any jurisdiction in Costa Rica. the U.S. can't even get U. S. citizens out of foreign jails when they get into trouble half the time!

Peggy H.
Jun 29, 2013

I am another one who fell for this scam and have been fighting with Omnicorp trying to get them to live up to their agreement. Now that I see what others are saying, I guess I'll forget about that and instead file complaints with BBB and the Illinois Attorney General.

One question I have is has anyone returned to Playa del Coco to use a purchased week at Sunset/Mirmar/Bahia Turquesa,? My wife and I (and some friends) really enjoyed the week we spent there and would love to return, but what would we get if we did that?

Also, if anyone has any information about law suits against any of these parties, I would be interested in participating.

Larry B.
Jun 29, 2013

I should also mention that I have been contacted by Juridico Providencia Fraud Investigation Unit of Mexico, who claims to be working with the Mexican government to return money to people who have been defrauded by timeshare groups. The payment we made to Omnicorp was done by credit card in Mexico, so this has at least a ring of truth.

Has anybody any experience with Juridico Providencia Fraud Investigation Unit of Mexico that they would like to share?

Larry B.
Jul 01, 2013

I had someone who claimed to be with the Mexican Federal Fraud Unit call me several times. He sent me a noncompete form to sign and mail back to him. I sent the form and his website to the NC Attorney Generals Office and they highly advised me to not sign the form and the website was not legitimate. Joel Vargas from the unit called me about two weeks ago and I informed him that all of his information was turned over to the Attorney General and he has not called or e mailed since. I have a feeling he was from Omni Corporation.

Daniel T.
Jul 01, 2013

I am only trying to cause them problems and get their name out to everybody I can. I doubt that we will see a penny of the money that we lost. I am only trying to educate others from being scammed. I have contacted Visa, BBB, Federal Trade Commission and the Attorney Generals Office. I will not give up!

Daniel T.
Jul 02, 2013

Stay away from these people. They are another scam that is preying on those of us who have lost big dollars to Coco Sunset. I think they figure that if we were gullible enough to fall for the Coco Sunset scum, we will also fall for their Mexican Fraud investigation team. Hope you did not send them any money!

Susanne B.
Jul 12, 2013

Hi Daniel, I just looked up Cindy Kidd and she has moved on to better things. In June, she started with Marriott Vacation club International. Wow!!! Can we somehow send them this site? I have been on the phone again with Costa Rica. They keep leaving messages with the sales department and I never get a call back. I feel dumber than the rest of you. Cindy convinced us that the only way we could rent was to buy 4 units!! Do the math....we are so @#$#$@ right now. Of course the only way we were going to do it was to sell our old time share (which I have found out now that they were never contacted) and get $2500 X 4 after the 2nd year. Nice scam. The 300 days came and went. Looks like my credit card may get us back the Omnicorp fee. Next I will stat working on the massive $ we are out from Marimar. Cindy certainly was a smooth talker. Our sales person was actually Jon (Wallace) I think. He was new so she did most of the talking. We were never told about the $595 weekly fee unless we were staying at their development. There was supposed to be no charge if we rented the units. Now I'm told they wouldn't even be available to rent if we didn't pay $595 X 4. Nice surprise. Yes I was told that every week on Holiday Systems was around $100 - $200 and "burn weeks" even less. When I call they tell me that isn't the way it works. More like $600 - 800 a week. I too am nervous about any class actions because I think they are all related. I did print out the paperwork I got e-mailed from the Mexican "Fraud Unit". I am sending that to the Illinois State's Attorney today. I am curious what will happen if anything.

jkcounsel

Jinger M.
Jul 12, 2013

Don't bother with Illinois attorney Gerneral because Omni Corp does not and never had an office there. My cousin is an attorney from Illinois and hired someone go by there office and they have NEVER been in that location. The Omni Corp crooks are in Mexico. DO NOT fall for the Mexican Federal Fraud Unit either. I sent all of their information to the NC Attorney Generals Office and they advised me that the website is fake and to NOT sign the form they sent me. I am still battling with my Visa card over the $1150.00 fee Omni got from us. For some reason they keep taking sides with Omni but after yesterdays conversation with Visa they are reopening the case. We were all scammed by that crook Cindy Kidd and Scott Riggs from Omni Corp. They will never get a penny of their maitenance fee from me. I am going to expose them every possible way that I can. Good luck trying to talk to someone at Coco Sunset...Bahia Tuquesa or whatever name they have today. Shame on them! KARMA! Keep fighting and expose them every possible way you can. Oh, HSI is a scam too. They will not get any membership fees from me. Try booking something with them.

Daniel T.

Last edited by danielt130 on Jul 12, 2013 10:30 AM

Jul 13, 2013

Daniel, Everything you have said is completely right on target. Cindy Kidd, Scott Riggs, and fat Don (who has subsequently been imprisoned) are all crooks. I keep getting calls from HSI to renew my membership, and I told them that I know they are a scam.

Thanks for letting us all know what your brother's experience was. It is helpful to keep this information out there for potential victims to see.

I did write to someone on another Website who got sucked into going to the timeshare presentation because the people at Bahia Turquesa told them this was the only way they could have access to the "private" beach.

They were able to locate our posts by tying in "Bahia Turquesa" and "SCAM," and they packed their bags and got out of that dump.

Our posts are helping some people.

Like you, I intend to never quit writing about these horrible creeps. I do hope their Karma will be a little bit speeded up though and get them in this lifetime.

Susanne B.
Jul 13, 2013

JK,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I also never get a return call from this fabulous sales office.

Yes, I think we need to contact Cindy Kidd's new employers and let them know how unscrupulous and unethical she is. But, perhaps Marriott likes that kind of sales person as well.

If I were you, I would not send HSI a dime. Most of their stuff is in Mexico. When I first got scammed from Coco Sunset in 2011, HSI found some hotels for me in Paris, but they were priced higher than those I could book myself on Booking.com.

HSI is as big of a scam as Coco Sunset.

Please keep us informed of any progress you make. I am working on posting everywhere I can with the key words "Coco Sunset" "Bahia Turquesa" scam and fraud. It helps a little.

Susanne B.
Jul 14, 2013

I haven't used HSI at all because I have the other time share club that is exactly the same. The only difference is that the price to join was a tenth of the cost and they told me exactly what I was getting. That is proving not to be much of a deal either. I think it was better about 8 years ago. I have my low price cruise with HSI that I am supposed to book in the next few months. Did anyone else take them up on that? It is cruise for 2 and costs between $399 - $699 depending on the length. Now I'm afraid I would pay and there wouldn't be a boat! This just keeps getting worse.

JK

Jinger M.
Jul 15, 2013

I had been called by a man who claimed to be from Mex Federal Unit. He had all my personal info from the Coco Sunset Vacation Club purchase available to him including my email address. I told him to send me the documents he wanted me to sign and return to him. Sounded fishy to me!

Upon receipt of the email and documents, I sent him an email asking how he had gotten access to my purchase information and how much of the monies from OmniCorp they keep as commission. I have not heard a word from them since.

I also put in a complaint with BBB in Illinois since that was the location where I sent OmniCorp my purchase money. Haven't had any action (other than an acknowledgement of my complaint) from them as yet. Has anyone gotten any results from this avenue? What results has anyone gotten trying to get the purchase price of the Fraction purchase from Coco Sunset Vacation Club/Miramar or is that a dead horse?

Betty L.

Last edited by bettyl150 on Jul 15, 2013 07:27 AM

Jul 15, 2013

You're right about HSI prices. I used them once to give a gift to the daughter of a friend who was taking such loving care of her dying mother. I went ahead even though the price was anything but a bargain just so the daughter and her husband could get a break. HSI and I are parting ways. I also think Marriot ought to be notified about Cindy Kidd.

Patricia B.
Jul 15, 2013

Sorry but the Mexican Federal Fraud Unit is fake also. NC Attorney General looked in to them and it is a fake website. Do not sign the forms sent to you. Do not waiste your time on the Illinois Attorney General. The office that Omni claimed to have in Springfield never exisited. My cousin is an attorney and had someone go to investigate it and they have never occupied that office. Your money went to Mexico. They are all crooks and do not give up on fighting them!

Daniel T.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.