Timeshare Companies

Get the Resale Scammers on T.V.

Jul 18, 2007

I apologize to everyone that have already read my 3 previous posts above this one on my Timesharemls.org Scam post .

The Timesharemls.org Legal Dept. (I doubt that) originally had their "Please Be Advised" post about me which you read above on the Timesharemls.org Scam thread. However, they have deleted it from there and moved it to here so I have copied all my replies from the Timesharemls.org Scam post which addresses what they have written about me and pasted them here.

The post indicates it comes from the CHL Marketing/timesharemls.org legal Dept. but I'm fairly sure this post probably originated from the General Manager of the company. The wording is very close to his style of speech and writing plus it just doesn't seem too attorneyish to me.

I think it's a mere intimidation tactic aimed at me and redweek to curtail my posts about their company. This is the identical post that they have placed on every forum and blog and rip off report I have posted to that they have found.

Apparently they don't like the facts about their business being written about.

Gary M.

Last edited by garym172 on Jul 18, 2007 08:42 PM

Jul 20, 2007

I really appreciated my opportunity to be on the troubleshooterjudd.com show. I was able to address the Advance Fee Timeshare Resale Industry as a whole.

Judd has done tremendous work in the area of consumer advocacy during his career and is a valuable resource in helping the fight against the rip offs and scams in the country today.

His show has a very good reach so I feel this was a great opportunity to spread the word on all advance fee timeshare resale scam companies.

The more we get the word out on these companies the more progress we will make. No one will listen if no one is talking so tell every state agency and all forums and consumer sites you can find about these scam companies.

Gary M.
Jul 21, 2007

Jon, if you really wanted to "Discredit" me as you put it all you had to do was mention my brief association with your company, CHL Marketing (timesharemls.org) that would have been all the "Discredit" needed.

I'm still trying to wash the stench of those few days off.

I'm doing my best to make up for having ever known the company you run.

Gary M.
Jul 29, 2007

garym172 wrote:
Jon, if you really wanted to "Discredit" me as you put it all you had to do was mention my brief association with your company, CHL Marketing (timesharemls.org) that would have been all the "Discredit" needed.

Get 'em, Gary!

CHL scammed me several years ago. I complained to BBB at the time. BBB Orlando once had a lengthy file on them....

Bruce Z.
Jul 29, 2007

bruce727 wrote:
garym172 wrote:

Get 'em, Gary!

CHL scammed me several years ago. I complained to BBB at the time. BBB Orlando once had a lengthy file on them....

Always complain to the AG.....In Florida, they love the work.

Kenneth K.
Jul 30, 2007

I'll do my best Bruce :-)

Gary M.
Aug 16, 2007

I was interviewed by Judd McIlvain of troubleshooterjudd.com again yesterday. Once again the interview went very well.

I was able to reiterate that anyone who asks for money up front to sell a timeshare regardless of what type of fee they call it is without a doubt a scam.

This time Judd had actually called a resale company a few days ago to find out exactly how the process went. For the interview he asked me what to expect when a timeshare owner is contacted or calls one of these advance fee companies, I explained the normal flow of the conversation to Judd. He then indicated that indeed his call went almost exactly the way I described it. You know the call drill, oh Mr. Timeshare Owner, this is the perfect time to be selling.......oh, that's a great resort, we have people looking to buy into that one all the time......you'll have no problem selling your timeshare.....you should be able to sell it for more than you paid.....we guarantee it'll sell in 90 days...so forth and so on.

I didn't give advance notice of this interview because last time the brain trust at chl marketing (timesharemls.org) contacted Judd and basically threatened to have his internet privileges revoked if he followed through with interviewing me. They also suggested they were going to be pursuing legal action against me and that Judd didn't want to be assisting my "slander".

Apparently they never stopped to think that threatening a consumer advocate and investigative reporter with his experience and connections wasn't the best thing to do. If anything he is now very interested in this advance fee resale scam.

Gary M.

Last edited by garym172 on Aug 16, 2007 04:36 AM

Aug 16, 2007

garym172 wrote:
I didn't give advance notice of this interview because last time the brain trust at chl marketing (timesharemls.org) contacted Judd and basically threatened to have his internet privileges revoked if he followed through with interviewing me.

This cracked me up. Just what kind of power do these people think they possess in thinking they can have Judd's internet privileges revoked if he interviews you? Judd can interview anyone he wishes ... that's his job.

Go get em gary.

R P.
Aug 16, 2007

In response to Gary Mannings post in regards to Trouble Shooter Judd. CHL Marketing submitted the same discredit that was submitted to RedWeek and all other sites that Gary has published libel. This discredit is not a threat, more an advisory as to who it is posting. Stating "Continued publication of his existing or responding posts might involve a cease and desist order to your internet service or hosting provider. This discredit of Gary Manning is being submitted to all websites and forums that Gary Manning is utilizing." is not a threat just a notice of pending action.

TimeshareMLS.org Customer Service Department 321-251-4607 Option 1 M-T 10-6 EST F 9-5 EST

Thank you, The Timeshare MLS Staff

Legal D.
Aug 16, 2007

I appreciate the clarification from Timesahremls.com's Legal Dept. in regards to their threat vs. advisory and threat vs. pending legal action comments.

Now if only you were that good at giving refunds back to everyone who have had the "business" done to them...oops I mean done business with you.

Gary M.

Last edited by garym172 on Aug 16, 2007 11:05 AM

Aug 16, 2007

legald wrote:
In response to Gary Mannings post in regards to Trouble Shooter Judd. CHL Marketing submitted the same discredit that was submitted to RedWeek and all other sites that Gary has published libel. This discredit is not a threat, more an advisory as to who it is posting. Stating "Continued publication of his existing or responding posts might involve a cease and desist order to your internet service or hosting provider. This discredit of Gary Manning is being submitted to all websites and forums that Gary Manning is utilizing." is not a threat just a notice of pending action.

TimeshareMLS.org Customer Service Department 321-251-4607 Option 1 M-T 10-6 EST F 9-5 EST

Thank you, The Timeshare MLS Staff

legald, let me put you to the test here. Are you not an upfront fee timeshare resale company? Why do you charge an upfront fee for doing nothing? You certainly haven't earned an upfront fee to merely add an overpriced listing (that you quoted to the prospective client) to your database that probably no one will ever see and even if someone saw it and might be interested they're not going to pay the price you're asking on the resale market? It's an out and out scam.

It looks to me like garym has you pegged exactly right. When judd called an upfront timeshare resale company asking about selling his (make believe) timeshare he was quoted a price that was above and beyond what that particular timeshare would actually be worth. Isn't this typical of all upfront fee resale companies? How can you sleep at night?

I hope garym and judd exposes you and all other upfront fee timeshare resale companies in a public arena. I would love to see them exposed on Dateline, John Stossel, 60 Minutes or one of the other expose' shows.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Aug 16, 2007 03:20 PM

Aug 17, 2007

JayJay..I'd certainly would be interested to see legald of timesharemls.org take your test challenege and tell us why they are so different from every other advance fee timeshare resale company out there. I'm with you, it's a test they are destined to fail but it would be a change of pace to see them to try to legitimize their services on the forum instead of issuing their "advisory" statements as they put it.

I do know one thing the General Manager likes to say that sets them apart, "we do answer our phones", this certainly does set them apart from the majority of advance fee companies but it certainly doesn't help the timeshare owner who has had a listing with them for 2 years without an inquiry to get that unit sold. Lets face it, it isn't an overwhelming volume of calls from those interested in buying or renting a timeshare that they have seen on their site, the calls that they answer are coming from those who are more than a little concerned that they aren't receiving any inquiries at all in regards to their units.

Or the other thing the GM say, "we go through a verification process that details everything we will do and this is for the protection of our customers", I think everyone knows the whole purpose of a verification process is to protect the company when a customer calls in to get a refund. The customer has been so brainwashed by the sales process by the advance fee agent that by the time they get to verification they agree to everything, plus the entire process is designed to make the customer think they are getting a service that will help them sell the timeshare in a very proactive fashion when in fact it is nothing more than an over glorified classified ad.

What would really be refreshing is if you actually helped the owners sell their properties. However, you can't prove what isn't true.

Gary M.

Last edited by garym172 on Aug 17, 2007 12:33 PM

Aug 17, 2007

To the TimeshareMLS.org Staff, if indeed you do feel very confident in your company and the service you provide and you feel both will stand up to a fair scrutiny I am certain I can arrange for anyone from your staff to be interviewed on the trouble shooter judd show.

Gary M.
Aug 17, 2007

I'm still waiting for legald's reply.

R P.
Aug 17, 2007

jayjay wrote:
I'm still waiting for legald's reply.
... or another "pending action" <lol>

Bruce Z.
Aug 27, 2007

I still have the offer extended to get a timesharemls.org representative on the trouble shooter judd show.

This is a good opportunity to clarify the service you claim to provide to timeshare owners.

Sure, you will be asked tough questions but if you are as good as you say that should be no problem

Gary M.
Aug 31, 2007

norin Garym172,

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE!!! I bet if everyone mailed their scam stories to Dateline they *may* just sit up and take notice.

On a side note, under the General Discussion section someone had started a thread about IBD Marketing and was asking whether they were scammers. Naturally every single person who posted warned against the company because they were scumbags. (as we all know they are)

I had filed a dispute with my credit card company about them and they wrote back asking for more information about my complaint. I printed out the entire thread for them. :P

btw Garym172, in your other post about your timeshare MLS experience, what you said about what these timeshare scammers do (we have showcases and open houses) was EXACTLY what they told me!! GRR.....[/

Is your credit card company going to get your money back? We were in the same boat W/IBD marketing, but 8 months have gone by. They sure promise the world but fail to follow through once they have your money. We are considering filing a complaint with our cc company.

Rob K.
Aug 31, 2007

kekouri wrote:
bruce727 wrote:
garym172 wrote:

Get 'em, Gary!

Always complain to the AG.....In Florida, they love the work.

Does the AG get anywhere in dealing with these scumbags especially IBD Marketing

Rob K.
Sep 01, 2007

Robk43,

Unfortunately despite requests to IBD to refund my monry they didn't respond...but I did take Tonyp38'a advice and contacted Karla. She's with Haufman and Associates (www.haufman-assoc.com) and she was very proactive in trying to get my money back. She told me she spoke with the owner of one firm that I paid and they agreed to refund my money...so I'm just waiting for the check now. She is definitely helpful!! Good luck!

Nori N.
Sep 11, 2007

I was just checking to see if TimeshareMLS was a legit company. A telemarketer, Chet, called me to rent my timeshare in Orlando out. He said I could get $2,500 minimum and as much as $4500 during week of Christmas. He wanted $895 up front, which was a one-time registration fee for the life of my timeshare. I could rent it again and again anytime for no additional charge. He also guaranteed that it would be rented within 90 days. Is there a complaint with this company in the Better Business Bureau?

Anthony S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.