General Discussion

Anyone who has experience with Sapphire Holiday Collection weeks ?

Jul 20, 2017

wendyw341 wrote:
....about the dispute with the credit card company. This has been a nightmare. So much information that they want we never received. Has anyone disputed the charge with their CC company? If so, how did it turn out?

I wish you luck, but if / when the credit card issuer contacts SHC (assuming that the charge dispute deadline has not already passed and that the card issuer will exert any real effort in the absence of any supportive documentation from you), SHC will promptly produce a copy of a contract bearing your voluntary signature; a contract which was not rescinded (cancelled) within the time period provided by applicable law (which is 5 days in Mexico).

In short, I sincerely hope that you can prevail, but you have a very high mountain to scale to have any shot at ANY amount of refund. I will be very surprised if ANYONE has ever received a refund from SHC; the entire scheme frankly seems to be designed to "deflect and delay" any and all attempts to pursue contract cancellation or obtain a refund within the time frames identified by law and / or by credit card issuers. Good luck; you'll need it!.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 20, 2017 08:55 AM

Jul 20, 2017

I would love to put in a claim to BBB or whatever entity that would shut down this scam and get is our money back. It's hard to stomach that people are professional scammers.

Does anyone have another phone number for them besides 816-743-4557 or 866-439-1509? Has anyone been able to receive their money back or the travel vouchers. I know Debbie says she has but not sure if that's a legit profile.

Reyna S.

Last edited by reynas3 on Jul 20, 2017 03:28 PM

Jul 20, 2017

reynas3 wrote:
I would love to put in a claim to BBB, we got scammed too.

BBB is a completely powerless private organization and a waste of your time. BBB has no governmental affiliation; BBB is essentially a "paid membership club" for businesses to join in an effort to acquire the appearance of credibility. BBB has absolutely no legal authority or "horsepower" whatsoever. Sure, you can file a complaint with BBB, but know in advance that nothing will come of your complaint other than to make others aware of your purchase mistake and your dissatisfaction with the results of having bought in to the SHC "product".

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 20, 2017 03:51 PM

Aug 11, 2017

Dear bobp245 I been able to go on vacation with my weeks if that´s what you are asking me. I honestly thought things would be different since the salesman told me I could use my vouchers right away … what you are really buying into is some sort of a travel agency, you book at low prices and payment terms. I also went through the whole voucher process with Asevig (took much longer than expected!!!) In short, I could have taken more advantage of the promotions if I knew how this really works from the beginning.

Pat N.
Sep 15, 2017

We purchased 50 weeks in Mexico at the end of December 2016, activated the contract in the middle of February 2017, and began the journey with SHC not fulfilling their obligation. First the marketing company kept putting us off until they said the Legal Department found a problem. Then we started calling SHC who said they were working on it, we should be expecting a phone call from the marketing company, etc. now over 200 days later I have asked for a refund by phone and email. I think it is lost. Hopefully credit card companies will stop accepting charges from this company.

Michael H.
Sep 22, 2017

Unfortunately we have. We bought last October and have nothing to show for it. I would advise everyone to file a complaint with the consumer affairs in Panama City. While in Panama we went to the office to try and get our flight arrangement picked up and gee what a surprise there is no Asevig in the building and no person there heard of them. Beware of mexico.

Pam C.
Sep 22, 2017

I hope you managed to cancel your payment because if not it is GONE.

Pam C.
Sep 22, 2017

Hello:

After 11 months of wasting time with ASEVIG (yes, accounting reviews, legal department and then a new contract), Hector from Sapphire admitted that ASEVIG is not going anywhere. They advised to change to MTS, another marketing company. I do no have much hope with them... Asevig website was created 15 months ago... MTS website was created less than 1 year ago. Definitely, this is a poor organized scam where I felt in. If you ask Sapphire to intervene and talk to their vendors (Asevig/MTS), all that they say is that they sent emails and that is all that they can do... Trying to get a name/email other than Hector, at SAPPHIRE is impossible (they do not want to put the face to claim a refund). Basically, stay away, get a claim with your credit card... For the few that we are stuck, let's keep sharing information. Personally, I am going to keep playing the game: Sign a new contract with MTS and see if after another 3 months they stop answering the phone or they create another company to blame...

Diego M.
Sep 30, 2017

I do, and it is negative.

I purchased 50 "coupons" "weeks" or "units" in February 2017 and I have yet to receive and Travel credits.

When I finally was able to reach Carlos Garcia and Hector Silva and after many month I was send to Marketing Travel Solutions in Torre SFC< Obarrio, Panama In early September I sent them my upcoming Itinerary for my Thanksgiving trip in November, I have not heard from them since and I had to book on my own. Since February 22. 2017 I have not received anything to compensate for the $2980.00 I paid bey credit card. The banks would not help me either since I had signed their contract.

debbieg383 wrote:
I just purchased a month ago in Porto Vallarta Mexico and I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Marianna R.
Oct 13, 2017

You will not get all your money back but since it is a scam any money back was appreciated. I would encourage you to contact the attorney general in your state or Since Sapphire is in Kansas City, you could possibly contact Missouri's attorney general. For all potential victims, contact your credit card company. You may not get your money back through them but hopefully they will stop accepting charges going to SHC. We waited over 200 days before we started to get outside help.

debbieg383 wrote:
I just purchased a month ago in Porto Vallarta Mexico and I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Michael H.
Oct 19, 2017

How did you do?

Timothy H.
Oct 24, 2017

Hello everyone! I posted several posts on this site with this topic mostly in July of 2017. I was in the process of getting my money back with my CC company. Well...it was a success! I fought it and won! Before I get bombarded about how, I had a few things on my side. First of all, I made them charge my CC in the United States. Since they stated that SHC was in Kansas, I thought that was appropriate and would not sign anything unless it was in the United States. The sale went through Las Vegas. My husband and I actually signed up in Puerto Vallarta in June of 2017. Secondly, I called my CC company 5 business days after the initial sale. And lastly probably the most important point is that I did not sign the Contract with MTS. I refused to since they were in Panama. So for all of you...fight, fight, fight!!! I hope my CC company put a block in for the CC charge for the company in Las Vegas. That wont stop for those of you that were charged in Pesos or dollars from Puerto Vallarta. We must all fight on to stop this company from fraud. It will take all of us to help and some of us will be successful to make sure it doesn't happen to the next victim in their scam. If someone would have paved the road for us, maybe none of us would have been in this situation. Good luck to all!

Wendy W.
Oct 24, 2017

I suggest we all email them, with a cc and with a bcc letting them know how disgusted we are with them. I know they know this already however, it made me feel better. Their email address is members@sapphireholidaycollection.com

Timothy H.
Nov 04, 2017

Well, bad news for you: I purchased my weeks in March 2017, and to THIS DAY, all I have had are "promises" that they "are working on it". OK, I will be filing 'scams reports with some International Scams. Too bad.

Rosalina C.
Nov 05, 2017

can you please give me some information on where to file a scam support? Thanks

Marianna

Marianna R.
Nov 30, 2017

This is my first post but I have been following this topic for almost a year. We bought the same holiday scam in Puerto Vallarta Mexico in Jan 2017. Holiday weeks for a cash purchase . We were told all the same lies that you have posted so I wont go into more of that. After we got back to Canada and did some more looking we decided to contact our credit card company regarding the transaction. They kept it on file as we were still talking to SHC about our holiday weeks and when they would be ready. Finally after all the lies we requested a charge back in the summer. The credit card company said that even though it was after the regular time to get our money back they would try as this was an on going service that we did not receive not a one time item that we did not receive. We waited and SHC appealed it and the credit card company replied to them on that. SHC was given more time to defend their stand and they did not. I spoke to my credit card company today and I am getting my money back. You may be able to get yours back if you credit card company has the same view of the transaction. SHC appears not to fight as they know they cant win. Hope this helps some of you out. It is too bad that people do this to us. We asked all the questions and they had all the right answers but it was all a lie.

Garnet G.
Nov 30, 2017

garnetg2 wrote:
Finally after all the lies we requested a charge back in the summer. The credit card company said that even though it was after the regular time to get our money back they would try as this was an on going service that we did not receive not a one time item that we did not receive. We waited and SHC appealed it and the credit card company replied to them on that. SHC was given more time to defend their stand and they did not. I spoke to my credit card company today and I am getting my money back. You may be able to get yours back if you credit card company has the same view of the transaction. SHC appears not to fight as they know they cant win. Hope this helps some of you out. It is too bad that people do this to us. We asked all the questions and they had all the right answers but it was all a lie.

I am happy for your reported success, but the fact is that MOST credit card issuers will not entertain charge disputes after a limited and specific period of time (usually 45-60 days, maximum, after the transaction). Unfortunately, it usually takes longer than that before the bamboozled "customer" in a timeshare scam even fully realizes that they've been scammed.

In any event, good on 'ya for YOUR reported success!

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Nov 30, 2017 04:54 PM

Nov 30, 2017

The moral to the story is that you can do it yourself . You don't need to pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract . If you can't negotiate your way out than nobody else can no matter how much they claim they can . Thanks for the post . I hope more people resort to taking matters into their own hands rather than getting ripped off by the scammers claiming they can get you out of your contract .

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Nov 30, 2017 11:35 AM

Nov 30, 2017

WHICH CREDIT CARD ARE YOU USING AS I WOULD LIKE TO USE THIS INFO AGAINST MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY?

Timothy H.
Nov 30, 2017

Master card

Garnet G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.